Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2021, 07:08 PM

8,593 posts, read 11,023,244 times

Advertisements

In most of my vehicles over the years, I have opted to have sheepskin seat covers.
Mainly because they are so much more comfortable than standard seats.
They were popular in the 80's, and today, most just think they still belong back in that era.

My pickup just got a new set this week, after the others finally wearing out after ten years.

I am also going to be installing them in my Corvette also.
When I mentioned that on a corvette forum I belong to, most of the comments were negative.
I wouldn't repeat some of the comments I read.
Others stated, "it's your car, the hell with what other people think."
That is the right attitude to take.
I like the look, and comfort, and that is all that should matter.

The leather seats are hot in the summer.
Sheepskin covers are cool in the summer, and warm in the winter.
Can't beat that.
Attached Thumbnails
Living with an 80's  fashon-dsc00121.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2021, 07:49 PM

13,080 posts, read 9,610,255 times
I had sheepskin seat covers one time, and my main complaint was that they shed all over my clothes. So using them to go into the office wasn't possible. They were supposedly real sheepskin, but I have my doubts.

Old 03-13-2021, 09:44 PM

8,593 posts, read 11,023,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I had sheepskin seat covers one time, and my main complaint was that they shed all over my clothes. So using them to go into the office wasn't possible. They were supposedly real sheepskin, but I have my doubts.
Never had that problem with shedding.
Real cheap, or imitation ones will shed though.

Old 03-13-2021, 11:44 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,239,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
In most of my vehicles over the years, I have opted to have sheepskin seat covers.
They were popular in the 80's, and today, most just think they still belong back in that era.

My pickup just got a new set this week, after the others finally wearing out after ten years.

When I mentioned that on a corvette forum I belong to, most of the comments were negative.

Can't beat that.
Never tried sheep skin, I had neoprene ones once I had to get rid of them in the summer they started stinking.

Old 03-14-2021, 01:20 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,779 posts, read 58,241,105 times
I prefer fur covers in the winter and beads in the summer (cooler, better for many hours in the saddle, ventilation).
https://www.amazon.com/Fordecore-She...29492209&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Massa.../dp/B00FPNLDLW

Been using each since the 80's (and before)

Old 03-14-2021, 08:25 AM

6,510 posts, read 3,196,981 times
Quote:
In most of my vehicles over the years, I have opted to have sheepskin seat covers..........

When I mentioned that on a Corvette Forum I belong to, most of the comments were negative.
You mentioned sheepskin seat covers, on your Corvette, on the CF......and question why you got "roughed up"???

Old 03-14-2021, 09:00 AM

6,033 posts, read 6,169,327 times
Quote:

Can't beat that.
Thanks for rationalizing your decision.

Had a nice set in my '89 BMW 325i as far as I recall the last couple years I owned it. The front seats were looking punky after about ten years in that case. After the leather guy quoted me $1,750 to fix, which I didn't have at the time (c. 2001), sheepskin never looked so attractive. The tan sheepskin, fitted for that car, looked pretty good w/ the red exterior.

From a style standpoint, no it's never again going to look good as stock to some eyes. The bolsters are wearing on my Land Cruiser and figure I'll visit the leather guy probably two years from now, and bite the bullet. Couple grand to me c. 2023 is vastly different vs. 2001: not a humblebrag, just a statement of where people are in life and tastes/styles. To point of this thread, it's a Land Cruiser and maybe sheepskin on the two front seats is the "best" use of resources in terms of economy, and utility. Seems a personal decision to me, what you wish to "project" to others about your ride.

Old 03-14-2021, 11:20 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,324,541 times
I thought seat covers, of any kind, went the way of Travolta and Grease. They do go together well with lace up steering wheel covers. When buying a car, seat covers always tell me the seats are in rough shape.

Old 03-14-2021, 11:33 AM

6,510 posts, read 3,196,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I thought seat covers, of any kind, went the way of Travolta and Grease. They do go together well with lace up steering wheel covers. When buying a car, seat covers always tell me the seats are in rough shape.
I agree.....

Old 03-14-2021, 02:13 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,451,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
I agree.....
No only fuzzy dice on the rear view mirror.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive