Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2021, 10:51 AM

6,534 posts, read 7,115,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
It’s really bad. In the millions scammed. One Guy is out 800k and also almost lost his la Ferrari to them but got it back.
Just search cnc motors on you tube.
Wow, I just watched the super car hack explain it. I hope they are shut down. I guarantee they went to DeMuro to help them move vehicles to keep the scam going. COVID probably broke their back.

This got me thinking, how are secondary dealers selling 2021 vehicles with less then 100 miles? 2021 911 Turbo S’s I see for sale “used” for damn near sale prices with 60 miles. 2021’s just hit our shores this winter, they were not here in 2020. Are the dealers going to Champion Porsche in FL (super high volume dealer) and ordering them, then selling used? Can used car dealers go to new car dealers and order new? Or do they have clients purposely order them and then sell to small dealer they are working deal with? Just trying to get a grasp of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2021, 02:46 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,937,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvetters63 View Post
Supply and demand also factor into it.

For example, I've been looking for MINI Cooper S convertible with manual for a friend of mine and EVERY one we come across is priced a couple grand higher than top KBB retail. BUT, total inventory is down and spring is here, so people are snatching them up at those inflated prices. Out of 20 that we've called on, all but one has been sold before we could get there, and the one that we've seen there was no negotiating, because the dealer knows he can get the asking price for it quickly.

Trucks are even worse, especially ones with desirable features. I paid $6500 for my 8.1 liter 2500 Suburban a couple years back, and now, with more miles on it, I could get close to $10k for it due to demand and low supply.
Ha! I was selling a Mini Cooper S manual convertible and I couldn’t find anybody to buy it. After a bunch of dealers tried to stiff me for well under KBB, I finally sold out of state to a couple for just at KBB private party after several months of listing it.

Old 04-14-2021, 05:02 PM

15,070 posts, read 10,087,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
It’s really bad. In the millions scammed. One Guy is out 800k and also almost lost his la Ferrari to them but got it back.
Just search cnc motors on you tube.
Similar happened up here.

Afzal 'Bobby' Khan of Emporio motors dealership. He left the country as the feds shut the dealership down and was put on the FBI most wanted list.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-nj/pr/o...ge-scale-fraud

Old 04-14-2021, 07:02 PM

10,346 posts, read 8,554,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Similar happened up here.

Afzal 'Bobby' Khan of Emporio motors dealership. He left the country as the feds shut the dealership down and was put on the FBI most wanted list.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-nj/pr/o...ge-scale-fraud
I wonder if that is going to happen with cnc. One of the guys cnc owes said cnc offered to sell him the facility and the cnc name for millions. That name isn’t worth squat now.

Old 04-14-2021, 07:39 PM

6,534 posts, read 7,115,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Wow, I just watched the super car hack explain it. I hope they are shut down. I guarantee they went to DeMuro to help them move vehicles to keep the scam going. COVID probably broke their back.

This got me thinking, how are secondary dealers selling 2021 vehicles with less then 100 miles? 2021 911 Turbo S’s I see for sale “used” for damn near sale prices with 60 miles. 2021’s just hit our shores this winter, they were not here in 2020. Are the dealers going to Champion Porsche in FL (super high volume dealer) and ordering them, then selling used? Can used car dealers go to new car dealers and order new? Or do they have clients purposely order them and then sell to small dealer they are working deal with? Just trying to get a grasp of it.
I asked sales friend at Porsche dealer I use. They will sell a new car/order car for another dealership if owner buys/titles it for himself. If they know vehicle will be flipped, they’ll give allocation to someone else if possible. This a low volume dealership though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive