Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 09:04 AM

4,237 posts, read 24,811,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekwainWick View Post
I have a 1987 C10 Pick up, The AC went out and I was told that I would have to take it to a dealership to get it fixed is that true
No it's not true. You can do this yourself if you have the tools and the basic know how. The tools aren't sophisticated either. If this isn't your cup of tea, you can see if there's an a/c shop around that can do it. Be forewarned though, a/c work can be expensive.

For instance I had a 1997 S-10's a/c repaired once....they had to replace everything short of the evaporator and condenser, that ran me $900. Which is why my next project I'm doing myself. Also your truck came with R-12 refrigerant which is no longer made and is expensive to buy plus you have to have a handlers license to have it. R-134a is an alternative and your truck can be converted, it just won't blow as cold as what the R-12 did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman6974 View Post
I installed a set of Pacesetter shorty headers and flowmasters on my '98 K1500. I couldn't tell a big mileage change but it did seem to pep-up my low end torque a small bit.
Any time you go to a smaller pipe you can expect some torque gains, whether it be smaller tube headers or smaller tube exhaust pipes, and Flowmasters with their slow flowing capability, are great for low powered engines that you want to make sound good while adding a little pep of grunt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive