Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2022, 01:11 PM

9,870 posts, read 4,641,933 times

Advertisements

I can't believe the number of drivers I see in a hurry to go no where like charging a stop or red light rather than coast in and save some gas and brake wear. Or tail gate or charge towards heavy traffic even though one can see all the brake lights hundreds of feet away. I also see people turn the key and drive with no warm up at all. Don't need a couple of minutes but should at least wait 15-30 secs for the idle to drop and oil circulate.

Besides driving less has anyone changed driving habits to save gas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2022, 01:26 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,824,628 times
You think this is bad? It isn't. The status quo just shifted enough for you to notice. Many of us have been through worse gas price surges, actual shortages, and rationing. Some of us chose to drive more conservatively and never stopped. Others can't be bothered. Nothin' new here OP. I seem to recall the price of gas around London UK during another price crunch. My BIL paid something like $12 a gallon for it.

Last edited by Parnassia; 03-06-2022 at 01:35 PM..

Old 03-06-2022, 01:33 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
I can't believe the number of drivers I see in a hurry to go no where like charging a stop or red light rather than coast in and save some gas and brake wear. Or tail gate or charge towards heavy traffic even though one can see all the brake lights hundreds of feet away. I also see people turn the key and drive with no warm up at all. Don't need a couple of minutes but should at least wait 15-30 secs for the idle to drop and oil circulate.

Hello!! Waving at you, me - the lead foot.
As long it's not breaking any driving laws, why do you care?
Drive at your pace and I will drive at mine

Old 03-06-2022, 04:11 PM

11,800 posts, read 8,008,183 times
I work remotely at one of my jobs so when I take my Camaro’s out it’s typically during my lunch break and I’m only going like 5 blocks up the street for lunch. I only have to buy gas in the Camaro like once a month unless I’m leaving town so it’s possible they don’t care because they’re not going very far on a consistent basis. In the Prius when I do Uber though I can really rack up the miles but it makes 42 MPG even when I beat the snot out of it so it’s not like I’m really out of anything.

Old 03-06-2022, 04:39 PM

1,655 posts, read 775,535 times
To me it seems like a lot of people treat the gas and brake pedal like on and off buttons. Push all the way down for on…let off completely for off. These are the types that as you coast to a stop at a red light will fly up to your bumper and then slam on the brakes. Or they’ll pass you and 5 other cars just to get 50 feet ahead.

Old 03-06-2022, 04:56 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,419,493 times
Why do people care on how others drive their vehicles, it’s none of the business they aren’t paying for their gas .

Old 03-06-2022, 05:08 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post

Not caring about speed but with no cops everyone is blowing stop signs and lights.

Old 03-06-2022, 05:12 PM

84 posts, read 58,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Why do people care on how others drive their vehicles, it’s none of the business they aren’t paying for their gas .
....There is also a lot of animosity for people driving in their cars wearing masks...

I don't get it...
Why does this stuff bother other drivers / people?

Can only EV drivers use "Lead Foot" at a certain fuel price point?

Maybe OP does not own a business employing drivers?

"Seems that most employees are "Lead Foot" drivers

Old 03-06-2022, 05:19 PM

700 posts, read 446,770 times
You're watching "lots" of people start their cars for the first time in the morning and drive off without warming it up? I wish I had that kind of spare time.

Old 03-06-2022, 05:21 PM

287 posts, read 212,005 times
I also see a lot of vehicles which are in dire need of a tuneup. Spen $50 now to get it running right and get 30% higher mpg. It'll pay back your $50 in a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive