Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 12:02 PM

3,223 posts, read 10,092,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
BNSF is good and active on the line that runs parallel to SR-22 out past Prosser. Although, I have noticed some trains stopping and or going *really* slow close to the house.

Off topic, but you do know about the one steam engine that's parked in the rail yard close to the Richland airport, right? It came right by our place on a cool morning late this winter, IIRC. In any case, it's there.

BNSF has a pretty good website, with a "company store" where you can buy paraphenalia, if you are interested in that.
I do not know anything about the steam engine that is parked close to the airport in Richland, I have never gone railfanning out in Richland at all, I have seen trains going by on the BNSF line going towards Yakima and they have a good amount of railroad traffic on that line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 02:45 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,796,855 times
The same ones that maintain the rods really. It is the long haul cost of moving a big load I am talking about. It is much cheaper. There will still be trucks but not many long hauls. Locomotives are very efficent in moving heavy loads. We are having a boom where I live and the railroads are really busy.Besides these railroads wouldn't just be moving freight but people. Europe is a example. The main opposers are not even truckers but the airlines really. Because trucks on the road are more than at maximum capacity how ;as far as numbers.Notice that the NFTA highway includes space for rail traffic in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive