Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 09:44 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,855,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdwell View Post
Hi. Jumped on this for a minute. Yes, I do agree with you. Keep your Suburban thats in good shape. No more than you drive it, gas shouldn't be that bad for you. And the fact that .......ITS PAID FOR. No I don't think you would be doing yourself any favors by trading this vehicle. Oh I guess there are greener vehicles, if you are into that. But truly you would have to go with a bicycle to achieve total green. Seriously, you have a great suv and paid for at that. Keep
Thanks. It is really one of those things someone needs to sit down and go thru the ENTIRE scenario. Flying off in one direction just because a few people think it is "better" doesn't always mean it is the best option for EVERYONE. Here is the thing:

What do people that think everyone should trade in their "gas guzzlers" will happen to them? Where are those "gas guzzlers" going to go? They are NOT going to be scraped out. They are NOT going to go sit in landfills (talk about a TERRIBLE waste of precious land). Someone else is going to buy it and drive it. They might be able to get it "cheap" and might not take as good of care of it as the original owner. So your going to end up w/ a bunch of "gas guzzlers" that have poor maint. polluting up the roads. Where did that get us? NOWHERE!

If you have one and it fits YOUR personal needs and especially if it is PAID FOR......... why get rid of it. If you take great care of it, get the fluids changed regularly, keep the tires properly aired up, change out the filters regularly, etc. your still driving a CLEAN vehicle. There are a lot of people out there driving what some deem as "more green" that do NOT take care of them as well and they can pollute the air just as much if not more. Maybe instead of jumpind down peoples throats for owning and driving SUV's we should have the states start doing public service stations set-up in parking lots. Then people of ALL TYPES of vehicles can come by and see where they can make their car a more environmentally friendly car. Just like the "green" people do for houses to show you where you can conserve more we CAN do the same thing for cars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 10:18 AM

351 posts, read 336,303 times
Ford Exp. EL is worth every penny of gas to not hear:
"MOM HE'S LOOKING AT ME"
"MOM HE TOUCHED ME"
"MOM HE HIT ME"
BAM WHAP SLAM WHACK

When I get rid of the boys and the Golden then I can get a fuel eff. car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive