Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 07:18 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times

Advertisements

He should have stalled his case off long enough to move and get a new license before he was suspended. Then surrender the first license before the suspension was imposed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 05:49 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
I think what everyone else is missing is the license was revoked for a reason, most likely drunk driving. And this friend is intending to continue driving. Glad not to be in that town.
You have no idea why the license was suspended. My neighbor's son had his driving privileges revoked because he was caught with an open container in the parking lot of a concert venue. It was about an hour before midnight. He was celebrating his 21st birthday which would have officially started at 12, or perhaps 12:01. He wasn't driving, didn't even have his car with him on that trip. In many instances, it really does come down to "the money".

Old 12-12-2010, 12:23 AM

96 posts, read 210,152 times
Quote:
I think what everyone else is missing is the license was revoked for a reason, most likely drunk driving. And this friend is intending to continue driving. Glad not to be in that town.

No, we don't know that, the circumstances were not spelled out and there are hundreds if not thousands of reasons why a license could be suspended.

I would say there is no way in hell you are getting that licence transfered. But it's worth a shot of applying for a new licence (having to do the driving test, etc) after having carefully reviewed the other state's statues.

Also be warned that if your friend is found in his/her current state where the licence is suspended driving --- even with the out of state licence -- I would assume that they will still be considered to be driving with a suspended licence i.e.: gaming the system and getting an out of state licence but not moving out of state isn't a wise idea.

Old 12-12-2010, 12:04 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,166,375 times
Contact the secretary of state in his moving-to state. Splain the situation and see where he needs to go from there.
May also want to contact the secstate of his current-residence state, perhaps plead for an exemption due to move.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,165 times
I'm going to court for a dwi, if I get a license from another state can I keep that license and drive if my NJ license are suspended.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:28 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,420,868 times
Quote:
Illegals here do not bother carrying any ID much less licenses.

Sooooo true!

Old 06-09-2013, 11:37 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
Illegals here do not bother carrying any ID much less licenses.
Neither do I, and if I'm not driving a car, the police have no right to ask me for one, nor detain me if I don't have one. And without my ID, they have no way of knowing if I am an illegal or not. The Constitution was written to protect me and you, from the police, because the Founders knew what happens to people when you give them police power.

Last edited by jtur88; 06-09-2013 at 11:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive