Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 07:03 AM

786 posts, read 3,925,153 times

Advertisements

My husband has an '06 Mustang with a V-8 (manual transmission) and we were going out to dinner for our anniversary. It had just rained so the roads were a little slick and at an empty intersection he wants to show me how the car slides a little - so he gasses it and we do a 360 in the intersection (he was not planning on that). Scared us both to death - thank goodness nobody was around us and we didn't hit anything. Lesson learned but very stupid stupid stupid! And yes my husband is old enough that he should have known better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 08:11 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,067,614 times
I'll confess, I was in a hurry to get to the slopes one winter, when I changed lanes to pass a creeper I failed to look if the left lane was clear, I also failed to use my turn signal. The family in the car to my left went into the median and waggled about a bit before regaining control. I slowed up and sheepishly shriveled low into my seat in embarrassment and shame as they passed me. Whoever you are, I'm sorry I almost killed you.
I worked with a guy who drove drunk, crossed into oncoming traffic and killed an innocent person. That was many years ago and he is still packing a lot of guilt issues to this day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive