Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Uzi Uzi started this thread

1 posts, read 11,340 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know how many points one gets for VTL 1201 -A stop/ stand/ park violation highway?

Is it better than getting VTL 1110 (failure to obey traffic control device)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 03:50 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Wow! I just did an appeal for someone who had his big rig stopped on the side of the dreeway because it was not operating properly and he was cited for illegally standing/parking/stopped on the side of the freeway. In a commercial vehicle I believe it is 2 points. Will let you know how the appeal goes, if you're interested.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:12 PM

681 posts, read 2,912,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Wow! I just did an appeal for someone who had his big rig stopped on the side of the freeway because it was not operating properly and he was cited for illegally standing/parking/stopped on the side of the freeway. In a commercial vehicle I believe it is 2 points. ........
Wow, hope your CDL driver had flashers going and was putting out flares or cautionary signs. If so - and roadside assistance had been called for - the appeal should be a no-brainer. Could the driver have reasonably foreseen he would not break down at a more critical traffic location? If the answer is "No" under the facts as presented he chose the proper action, and though wilfull it was not with an unlawful intent. In my view, but what do I know?

You are right, though, that if upheld for a commercial rig it would be considered a minor moving violation, ergo a 2 pointer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive