Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 12:12 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times

Advertisements

Talking about committing fraud on the internet.Lord;the things you read. From what I heard you can have a problem in moving to california and not registering the vehicle within the time allotted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 12:41 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Talking about committing fraud on the internet.Lord;the things you read. From what I heard you can have a problem in moving to california and not registering the vehicle within the time allotted.
Ten days.....!

Old 10-08-2008, 12:46 PM

484 posts, read 2,210,542 times
sorry didnt know it was illegal.
my older friend told me i could do this and i at the time didnt even know i had to pay tax for my car....
to be quite honest, i dont think i ever paid tax at all for my 95celica gt

Old 10-08-2008, 01:25 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,102,730 times
"Best way to avoid paying tax for car in CA" --
buy the car in Oregon and live in Oregon.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:29 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,418,125 times
They check...and more often than you think! We lived in Ca. for a # of years, and are always buying and selling cars. We were contacted 3 or 4 times about cars we sold and how much the individual had paid for them. I don't think they had falsely stated amts....(we were not privvy to that info), but it was just a check from DMV.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:41 PM

1,775 posts, read 6,355,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
We were contacted 3 or 4 times about cars we sold and how much the individual had paid for them.
I'd tell them to go pound sand. I won't ever help the state collect their double taxation.

Old 10-09-2008, 05:04 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,793,604 times
I agree about the double taxation part......

If you're buying something new and trying to avoid paying taxes, I don't respect it. Why should everyone else have to carry your burden to society?

Old 10-09-2008, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
I'd tell them to go pound sand. I won't ever help the state collect their double taxation.
I have no doubt the State of California is shivering in their boots that Rick Lee is going to threatern them...
Go ahead, tell em to poiund sand, they will see to it that you pound rocks....
As I said earlier, they do not charge sales tax on a used vehicle...
They charge USED TAX,,,,,!!!

Old 10-09-2008, 06:21 PM

1,775 posts, read 6,355,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I have no doubt the State of California is shivering in their boots that Rick Lee is going to threatern them...
Go ahead, tell em to poiund sand, they will see to it that you pound rocks....
As I said earlier, they do not charge sales tax on a used vehicle...
They charge USED TAX,,,,,!!!
I don't think you read very well. I never said I'd threaten anyone. And declining to help the state in no way constitutes a threat or any other crime. I'd simply not assist them in collecting more tax from anyone. Completing the bill of sale and/or notifying DMV that I've sold a car is all I'm required to do.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:28 PM

Well, I read it again, and this last post also, it it still makes no sense.
You don't need to assist the State of California in collecting taxes, they do quite well without your help. Did Arnie ever call you and ask for your help?
"Completing the bill of sale and/or notifying DMV that I've sold a car is all I'm required to do."
True, that and paying whatever taxes and fees due on the sale. I do hope you aren't trying to say you just do the paperwork and don't pay any fees????
So what is your point? You fill out the paperwork, notify the state, and pay your fees, just like everyone else.
Oh, by the way, you said you would tell them to "Go pound sand" That sure sounds like a threat to me...
You don't tell the DMV anything, you follow the rules and pay your money, just like everyone else...

If you're sayiong you wouldn't cooperate if the DMV called about the selling price, they would just use the standard form to evaluate the car, and charge the appropriate fees.
No one, not even big Rick, is going to get the best of the DMV. My suggestion is to sell your vehicles and ride a bike, that will show them...! But don't ride your bike on the public roads our DMV fees are paying for...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive