U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 05:01 PM

12,083 posts, read 36,565,033 times

Advertisements

I have a feeling that with 3 years of ownership under her belt, Karla has the best feel for her vehicle by now .

LOL don't you hate it when you respond to a question that is OLD without noticing? I know I do. LOL
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2010, 06:15 PM

19,023 posts, read 24,215,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Stern View Post
Karla, you got it wrong. The red line in your car is not at 7500 revolutions per minuteS. Rather it's minute singular. Revolutions- plural and per minute singular. So it's 750 RPM.
Oh yeah, she outta be dangerous at less than idle speed... 750 rpm. I know it is a typo, but it was funny..

Old 03-06-2010, 06:28 PM

8,954 posts, read 19,247,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
O.K. so I have this new car and it is a 6 speed.
Now I have driven 4 speed and 5 speed but it has been 10 years since I got rid of my sports car.
So now they add this extra "gear"
Other than the fact that it is just "weird" to go into 6th been hitting 4th allot lol
So where do you shift?
My previous experience was to shift at 2500 rpms
Now people are saying I should shift at 4k rpms
and others are saying 2500
help lol !!!

thanks
Karla
Since you don't know how to drive a 6 speed take it back to the dealer and have them show you how to drive this car ....... correctly. Failure to do so will make you liable should you damage your new toy.

If you do damage the car after the dealer shows you how to drive it then the dealer will be somewhat responsible for the damage due to poor customer education.

Your choice.........

Old 03-06-2010, 06:33 PM

12,083 posts, read 36,565,033 times
People, look at the date she posted this. Feb of 2007.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:44 PM

792 posts, read 1,201,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie_Mom View Post
I guess mine is a five speed, and I never pay any attention as to where I shift, but if you have the radio off, and all quit, then you will be able to hear when it is the right time to shift.
I have a lot of fun with my little car in the winter, I can shift down when it is slick and icy, and I have a lot of fun, once I get the winter driving down.
I live in Minnesota so with the snow, it takes some getting used to, but I love to fish tail, and slip slide away. The only thing fun to do in Minnesota in the winter where you can keep warm and enjoy the outdoors at the same time. LOL, so maybe some one else can give you more ideas, because everyone has a certain way they drive manual stick shifts. Yorkie
This is an interesting response....and very true. When learning to drive...years ago my Dad (a master mechanic) insisted that one listen to the machine. As time passed, and my ear became fine tuned, I could almost always sync the sound with the tach, almost spot on....listen to the machine.

6th gear is cruise gear....good for fuel mileage on open, flat terrain.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:51 PM

3,743 posts, read 12,444,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
O.K. so I have this new car and it is a 6 speed.
Now I have driven 4 speed and 5 speed but it has been 10 years since I got rid of my sports car.
So now they add this extra "gear"
Other than the fact that it is just "weird" to go into 6th been hitting 4th allot lol
So where do you shift?
My previous experience was to shift at 2500 rpms
Now people are saying I should shift at 4k rpms
and others are saying 2500
help lol !!!

thanks
Karla
Karla, come back and update us! Hahah.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:53 PM

10,494 posts, read 25,105,506 times
UGH, somebody please close this thread.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:09 AM

17,835 posts, read 31,419,239 times
rofl
this is very funny !!!!

Thanks to motormaker for the heads up that it has risen from the ashes like the Phoenix

3 years and 24k mile later later I am "zoom zooming" quite well with the car

I really love how the car responds for those those times when I am on the open highway and it is one of those perfect window open great music playing lets see what this baby can do drives

As funny as some of these latest threads are I have asked that the thread be closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive