U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 09:53 AM

18,933 posts, read 24,428,965 times

Advertisements

I see. It looks like you are stuck. The only thing I could recommend is trying to sell it to Carmax. Do you have some money to cover the negative equity it will have?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 08:02 PM

74 posts, read 253,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I see. It looks like you are stuck. The only thing I could recommend is trying to sell it to Carmax. Do you have some money to cover the negative equity it will have?
Thank you

Old 10-15-2008, 12:26 AM

638 posts, read 2,081,897 times
You learned a good lesson as well as I. I wanted to PURCHASE my car during the lease period and they told me that I would have to pay off the lease in full plus pay a $1000.00 "early lease pay off" fee and then basically pay the kelly blue book value on top of that for the car. No thanks!

Old 10-16-2008, 01:30 PM

5,007 posts, read 14,168,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloripaUSA View Post
Hi, it's a big SUV, it's killing us on gas, and this payment is too high right now! Plus I would save couple hundreds dollars on Insurance too!

Thank you,

Actually, leasing it was an incredibly good decision. The market is in the toilet right now on SUV's, and your resale value would be nothing.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR77 View Post
You learned a good lesson as well as I. I wanted to PURCHASE my car during the lease period and they told me that I would have to pay off the lease in full plus pay a $1000.00 "early lease pay off" fee and then basically pay the kelly blue book value on top of that for the car. No thanks!
Me too! I learned the lesson! I hope I make it to the end of this mess!

Thank you

Old 10-17-2008, 10:12 PM

9,527 posts, read 29,013,884 times
Quote:
Me too! I learned the lesson! I hope I make it to the end of this mess!

Thank you
How about an update, Floripa . . . I'm curious.

Any good news? What have you decided to do?

Old 10-18-2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
How about an update, Floripa . . . I'm curious.

Any good news? What have you decided to do?
No....I am cutting edges every where I could! so I can go over at least another 15 months!
But if this economy don't change, I will have to return the car and screw my Credit for seven Years!!!

thanks!

Old 10-18-2008, 10:28 AM

5,007 posts, read 14,168,482 times
Quote:
No....I am cutting edges every where I could! so I can go over at least another 15 months!
But if this economy don't change, I will have to return the car and screw my Credit for seven Years!!!

thanks!

What is it worth and how much is your payoff?

Old 10-18-2008, 10:58 AM

9,527 posts, read 29,013,884 times
Quote:

thanks!
Good decision and I sure hope you make it, Floripa!

Destroyed credit "hits" from many angles.

On the positive side . . . consider it a very good lesson learned which is priceless.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,535 times
I have never leased b4 this is a lesson learned. Now w 11 months left on my lease and w these hard economic times its been quiet difficult. i truly been thinking of returning my car, i'm aware of the credit issue, and any other dmagd that my car supposedly have. Mileage its way under and in great condition...but betwn car payment and insurance, and other bills in hand its really killing me and its been hard to managed other bills. What else is there to do, when i tried all resources?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive