Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 10:23 PM

1,775 posts, read 6,355,517 times

Advertisements

I don't think your BMW will be that bad if you know how to shop. If you go to the dealer, they'll rape you. Control arm bushings are a weak spot in BMW's and there are plenty of aftermarket parts available. I'd replace both arms with aftermarket. You may need an alignment when it's all done. Controls arms are around $150 per. If you do the work yourself, throw in a pro alignment, you should be done in under $600.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 11:03 PM

214 posts, read 915,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
I don't think your BMW will be that bad if you know how to shop. If you go to the dealer, they'll rape you. Control arm bushings are a weak spot in BMW's and there are plenty of aftermarket parts available. I'd replace both arms with aftermarket. You may need an alignment when it's all done. Controls arms are around $150 per. If you do the work yourself, throw in a pro alignment, you should be done in under $600.
I wish I could - I don't have the tools nor the space anymore, sold the house when we decided we wanted to move out of GA so we wouldn't get stuck here.

Does anyone know of a shop that can do this in metro atl for a decent price?

Old 10-25-2008, 12:28 AM

Go to Bimmerfest dot com and ask for help. Someone there will tell you exactly where to go and what it will cost.

Old 10-26-2008, 03:40 AM

5 posts, read 7,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEastBound View Post
2 cars...2 problems....

1. 2004 Tahoe Z71

It sounds like the exhaust pipe is rattling, but nothing is loose. Then I has some guy that changed the oil in it tell me that it was the cadalitic (spelling??) converter, his buddy then said it was a heat shield for the exhaust. It does it while idling, while driving slow, and I'm sure it does it even when I am flying...it's annoying.

Has anyone had problems that sound similar to this? How do I fix it? or if I take it somewhere, how much??? (also, what company is not shady??) recommendations are VERY welcome.

2. 2004 BMW 325ci

Bent arm (is that such a thing??) makes grinding noise while driving (front wheel pass side). How bad is this and how much will it cost to fix? I want to be able to go into the service dept w/o getting totally ripped off.
man it just sounds like you need to find yourself a good mechanic, good luck . For the BMW i tould either take it to the dealer or a BMW mechanic.

Old 10-26-2008, 10:42 AM

If you go to a dealer for this, I promise you it will cost about 3x what any indy BMW shop would charge and they might not even fix it. You can't imagine the dealer stories I have. I only even go to dealers for insurance or warranty work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive