Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What one of the following driving-related annoyances annoys you the most?
People flying up to stop signs or to the ends of driveways 5 5.75%
People hesitating on a green lightq 4 4.60%
People driving over the speed limit 5 5.75%
People driving below the speed limit 21 24.14%
People not using their blinkers to signal a turn 13 14.94%
People talking on cell phones / doing make-up / reading while driving 28 32.18%
People with very loud car audio systems 8 9.20%
People parking their cars on their lawns 0 0%
People driving with one headlight at night 0 0%
People driving large SUVs or trucks with big toppers blocking visibility 3 3.45%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 05:48 PM

1,895 posts, read 5,901,814 times

Advertisements

My greatest annoyance isn't even on the list- drivers who don't acknowledge that the "YIELD" sign when they are entering a highway actually means, well, yield. I hate, hate, hate drivers who barrel off of a highway onramp without even looking to see if they have the room to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 06:01 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autotech4dallas View Post
As far as the poll question "What one of the following driving-related annoyances annoys you the most?" If there is an "all of the above" selection, I would choose that because Oklahoma drivers CAN NOT DRIVE, period!
My sentiments exactly, Autotech.

However, since only ONE CHOICE was allowed . . . I chose the Cell Phone Freaks who are obviously doing their best to look important.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:42 PM

779 posts, read 2,247,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
My sentiments exactly, Autotech.

However, since only ONE CHOICE was allowed . . . I chose the Cell Phone Freaks who are obviously doing their best to look important.
It's crazy to see people driving while on their cell phones. The thing I find weird is for the folks who drive automatic vehicles lean towards the center console with their left hand on the steering wheel and their right hand on their cell phone along with the right elbow resting on their arm rest. So the person driving behind them can clearly see them leaning towards the center as they are talking on the phone if their windows aren't tinted too dark.

If I had to choose one, I would choose people quickly changing lanes by cutting you off and not using their turning signals. What also bothers me is when I attempt to change lanes by using the appropriate turn signal, nobody lets me over, assuming that I am driving for miles with my turning signal on.

I know that all 50 states have bad driving tactics but I am telling you that Oklahoma drivers are the worst drivers that I have seen in a while. I seriously have to ask the Lord to give me divine protection to take me from point a to point b safely.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:01 PM

1,667 posts, read 9,382,489 times
Here's mine... I use cruise control all the time. I ease out to pass, the driver speeds up. I get back behind him, he slows down. &*$#*#@!!!

Old 11-02-2008, 07:06 PM

926 posts, read 2,747,845 times
There are 3 that bug me, one that is not listed:

People who fly up to yellow lights and you are waiting to turn, because you dont know if they are going to run it or stop and when they stop at the last minute you are left sitting in the intersection while the oncoming traffic is green

People who dont use turn signals becasue you dont know why they are slowing or if you are waiting to turn and they are oncoming and turn

People that talk to people int he car next to them or on the street and they are in front of you

Old 11-02-2008, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babigyrl5 View Post
There are 3 that bug me, one that is not listed:

People who fly up to yellow lights and you are waiting to turn, because you dont know if they are going to run it or stop and when they stop at the last minute you are left sitting in the intersection while the oncoming traffic is green
Oh goodness! Yes! Attempting a left turn while yielding on the green light. Every traffic signal in major cities need to have the left turn on the arrow to guarantee a protected left turn. Thank you for pointing that out, babigyrl.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:00 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,794,241 times
One that wasn't listed:

When you turn on your blinker to change lanes and the person behind you speeds up to keep you from moving over.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:06 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,244,782 times
Tailgating is my #1. This annoys me to no end.

2. People waiting at intersections who can't wait 2 seconds for me to pass them, that pull out in front of me, forcing me to slam on my brakes, and then always drive 15 mph under. What is the deal with that?

3. No use of turn signals- They're not that hard to use!

4. Drivers who don't use headlights when raining- This should be common sense, but I guess it isn't

Regarding the loud music issue, it ticks me off when the person sitting next to me at a red-light has all four windows rolled down and something crappy like Lil Wayne or Chris brown is coming out of the speakers. If they would just roll up their windows, then I'd be okay.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Tailgating is my #1. This annoys me to no end.

2. People waiting at intersections who can't wait 2 seconds for me to pass them, that pull out in front of me, forcing me to slam on my brakes, and then always drive 15 mph under. What is the deal with that?

3. No use of turn signals- They're not that hard to use!

4. Drivers who don't use headlights when raining- This should be common sense, but I guess it isn't

Regarding the loud music issue, it ticks me off when the person sitting next to me at a red-light has all four windows rolled down and something crappy like Lil Wayne or Chris brown is coming out of the speakers. If they would just roll up their windows, then I'd be okay.
Lol, like that song I continue to hear from Lil Wayne: Li li li li li li li like a lollipop! That is the only reason why people by an amplifier, new speakers, a new receiver, as well as sub woofers, and probably an additional battery for extra power supply without having to drain their main car battery: to play loud rap music with a lotta base.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:39 PM

1,266 posts, read 5,612,649 times
How I use to deal with tailgaters many years ago when I had a Volvo 240, I'd flip on the extra set of red lights (used typically for bad weather, fog, etc.) They'd brake but I'd keep on moving. Do that a couple of times and they got the hint. Volvos still have this feature, but it's only one red tail light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive