Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 02:14 AM

24,508 posts, read 33,298,460 times

Advertisements

The real Chrysler Corporation died decades ago. When cars like the 'Cuda, the Charger and the Super Bee were gone, so was Chrysler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 06:57 AM

5,007 posts, read 15,418,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
You obviously dont pay attention to the automotive world, or else you would have known that Hyundai has been making gigantic strides in quality, and are above Chrysler in terms of reliability and quality.

It's my job to pay attention. Hyundai has certainly come a long way, but to be fair, when you start at the bottom, the only way to go is up. They still have their issues, but are way better.

I was thinking more of Chrysler when I posted that, though. They just simply suck all around.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:10 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,359,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
It's my job to pay attention. Hyundai has certainly come a long way, but to be fair, when you start at the bottom, the only way to go is up. They still have their issues, but are way better.

I was thinking more of Chrysler when I posted that, though. They just simply suck all around.
Id rather drive a car from a company that started on the bottom and worked its way up, than drive a car from a company that started on the top and are now bottom-feeders and the makers of HUGE pieces of crap *cough*CHRYSLER*cough*. Meanwhile they BEG for money from the gov't to stay afloat or collapse entirely.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:15 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,418,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Id rather drive a car from a company that started on the bottom and worked its way up, than drive a car from a company that started on the top and are now bottom-feeders and the makers of HUGE pieces of crap *cough*CHRYSLER*cough*. Meanwhile they BEG for money from the gov't to stay afloat or collapse entirely.
Oh, no question, I'd take a Hyundai any day over a Chrysler.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:35 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,517,925 times
The Hyundai Genesis could easily have been a successful Chrysler model. Currently Chrysler is partnered with Mitsubishi which no longer has a small car. If partnered with Hyundai, it will give them some small cars in their lineup. However from what I've read, Hyundai wants Jeep, not Chrysler. Jeep needs to go back to it's core brands, Wrangler and Cherokee.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:41 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,624,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
The Hyundai Genesis could easily have been a successful Chrysler model. Currently Chrysler is partnered with Mitsubishi which no longer has a small car. If partnered with Hyundai, it will give them some small cars in their lineup. However from what I've read, Hyundai wants Jeep, not Chrysler. Jeep needs to go back to it's core brands, Wrangler and Cherokee.
Mitsu has the Lancer as it's small car. I think Chrysler, Hyundai and Mitsubishi need to team up more. They all share the global 2.4L already and both Hyundai and Chrysler have already used Mitsu platforms before.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:38 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,359,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
Mitsu has the Lancer as it's small car.
And the Eclipse.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:58 PM

513 posts, read 1,581,093 times
Hate to pour cold water over you guys. But I think it would take a complete fool for Hyundai to even think about acquiring Chrysler without first extracting concessions that are essentially a bankruptcy declaration or major major major commitment of support from the US government. Chrysler may have some nice brands, but any asset Chrysler has is dwarfed by the major deficiencies of management, design and plain quality control, not to mention the debt Chrysler owns, only God knows how deep that hole is. That's enough to scare off most potential suitors, and I haven't begun to talk about the toxic union problem Big Three all have. Daimler Benz reduced the value its close to 20% state of Chrysler to 0, that fact speaks volume of just how worthless Chrysler or the other two Big Three are right now, remember these are companies that have been suffering from defeats after defeats for the past 40 years? Does Hyundai really expect it could fix the system wide problem Chrysler has? I don't work for Hyundai, but personally I believe Hyundai would have to have an ego of solar system's size to acquire Chrysler as it is. Nobody is that arrogant. Nobody is that stupid. The whole talk of Hyundai bidding for CHrysler reeks of delusional wishful thinking on the American car enthusiasts who are probably the one group still believe current Chrysler is worth anything.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:12 PM

The Lancer is no longer a small car. It's very nearly as big as the Galant. It use to be a small car but not anymore.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:31 PM

The current Lancer is about 3,000 lbs,...about the same as my 2003 Chevy Malibu
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive