Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 05:18 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,234,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone traveler View Post
Just wanted to know from the experts. i bought a 1993 Honda Accord for $9,439 from a local autodealer.

its fairly clean and has 239k miles on it,which isnt to bad considering its age....i got it at a discount says the salesman which i was happy for
Wow, $10,000 for that? That's way to much, you could have definitely got a better deal for 10k, there are other used cars out there that are more recent in terms of years, and with less mileage that would have been even less than 10k.

What's done is done though, if your happy with it then get your money's worth and enjoy it for as long as you can.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:04 PM

186 posts, read 409,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
There is no way this is serious.

this is serious, talked to my lawyer who is top notch....put it this way his belt can fit any size man with the amount of notches on it!

he says i can hit them with liability,damage,denial and forced busing charges and can probably walk out on top....he is charging me a pretty penny but says after its all said and done i will win in the end

i will keep updates to all you good samaritans and let you know how the battle is going

people beware there are bad people out there! one minute you think you are touching a pretty plant the next thing you know its a venus fly trap and you have half of your index finger knocked off...

Old 11-19-2008, 07:13 PM

5 posts, read 12,279 times
I own a 1995 Toyota Camry with 160,000 miles on it in good condition and I only played $2,500. I wouldn't of done it.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:19 PM

2,636 posts, read 7,431,255 times
You got taken for a ride, good luck!

Old 11-19-2008, 07:27 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times
There is no dealership in America who would keep a 15 year old car on their lot, even it if were lower mileage. If they took a car that old in trade, they would wholesale it off, not try to sell it. Most dealers have a cut off age limit on the used cars they keep, and it's more like five years, surely not 15...!

Old 11-19-2008, 07:40 PM

186 posts, read 409,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
There is no dealership in America who would keep a 15 year old car on their lot, even it if were lower mileage. If they took a car that old in trade, they would wholesale it off, not try to sell it. Most dealers have a cut off age limit on the used cars they keep, and it's more like five years, surely not 15...!

well obviously your statement is not true since i just bought one

Old 11-19-2008, 07:48 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,422,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lone traveler View Post
this is serious, talked to my lawyer who is top notch....put it this way his belt can fit any size man with the amount of notches on it!

he says i can hit them with liability,damage,denial and forced busing charges and can probably walk out on top....he is charging me a pretty penny but says after its all said and done i will win in the end

i will keep updates to all you good samaritans and let you know how the battle is going

people beware there are bad people out there! one minute you think you are touching a pretty plant the next thing you know its a venus fly trap and you have half of your index finger knocked off...

You have no recourse.

You signed a contract knowing full well what you were getting. They didn't hide anything from you.

You were not under duress, there was no fraud.

You have no case.

But then again, I seriously doubt this is anything but a joke.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:49 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,422,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post

If he bought it at a note lot they would.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:11 PM

235 posts, read 774,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
Thirded.
Forth,I do some work for used car lots paint/body,and most of the ones I work for they dont have cars olded then 5,maybe 6 years old& not over 120K miles. the most I do on this cars are frt/rear bumpers ,dents/dings,maybe a hood or fender and head light.most of the time I clean& polish head lights for them. If they have to put more then 600.00 in one it goes on to the wholesale,"totanote"lots.

Sound like You must be really young and the salesman took you!!!
Sorry to say but I wouldn't give more that $500.00 for one like that!!

Old 11-19-2008, 11:41 PM

886 posts, read 5,715,596 times
You got took that is all there is to it. No judge is going to award you damages because you mad a poor choice. What are you going to do stand up there and tellhim that you are a retard and you should get your money back??? I mean really. Put a nitch in your belt and move on. If you really want to make a difference make sure that no one makes the same stupid mistake that you did. I wish you the best of luck with your court case but I will bet you that you are going to loose and they you are out 10,000 for a junk car and how ever much the lawyer charges. With all that you could have bought a new car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive