Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it trashy to keep cars parked outside and not in the garage?
Yes 100 26.39%
No 279 73.61%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 06:47 PM

8,875 posts, read 13,849,352 times

Advertisements

Well, I guess my family is the bane of peoples ire on this thread.

We keep the "play car" in the garage. Her driver is in the driveway next to my truck, which won't fit in the garage. I'm buying a motorcycle this month, so that will be parked in the other half of the garage.

The DS's vehicle is the former family "war wagon" and that is parked in the street. Oh yeah, the snooty HOA neighbors must love a 15+ year old vehicle with bad paint and battle scars from a rookie driver sitting out there. Of course, if the neighbors want to pitch in and offer to buy the vehicle or pay for a paint job, my DS would go along with it! But in the meantime, it starts, it's registered and insured, and it stays!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 08:33 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,745,295 times
I'd rather it be in the driveway than say....on the grass.
We have a two car garage but with my step-dad's too desk and all...both he and I park our cars outside the garage and my mom has her car in the garage.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:11 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,903,764 times
If YOU think it is trashy, it IS trashy.
If YOU think it is, please do NOT move in next to me, your kind are not wanted here.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:40 AM

3 posts, read 4,009 times
@ iamweasel, I couldn't agree more with ya, I see people who have 3 car garages, and all 3 cars are out in the driveway, when the garage doors are open, I see that their garages are just filled with crap! It's redicoulous I mean whats more important, $90,000 worth of cars sitting outside waiting to be broken into or some plastic toys and crap you don't use anymore wasting space in the garage? People who do that are idiots. I have a two car garage and I keep my two cars in the GARAGE! I have a thrid that is in the driveway because again it's only a two car garage but the one that's outside is taken care of, clean, and dosen't look trashy.

Best Regards,

Tony

Old 03-27-2011, 11:55 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,525,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSUAlum2006 View Post
I think drawing the conclusion that "Cars in driveway = junky tenants" is a bit much.

If they have cars all strung out in the streets, yeah, that's different, but it's THEIR driveway to park in it what they want. If they start throwing trash in their own yard and the like, then yeah, they're junky. Otherwise, I think you're expecting the world to revolve around you a little too much.
Ours don't park in the driveway because their kids need it to play in. Apparently it's too hard to walk a block to the park with the nanny. The whole street has turned into a parking lot with junk in the yards. We're getting out as soon as Mrs. Tek retires. I'm tired of living with a bunch of pigs.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:59 AM

17,574 posts, read 46,004,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony757 View Post
@ iamweasel, I couldn't agree more with ya, I see people who have 3 car garages, and all 3 cars are out in the driveway, when the garage doors are open, I see that their garages are just filled with crap! It's redicoulous I mean whats more important, $90,000 worth of cars sitting outside waiting to be broken into or some plastic toys and crap you don't use anymore wasting space in the garage? People who do that are idiots. I have a two car garage and I keep my two cars in the GARAGE! I have a thrid that is in the driveway because again it's only a two car garage but the one that's outside is taken care of, clean, and dosen't look trashy.

Best Regards,

Tony
Classic. So your car in the driveway is fine, but others isn't.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:36 PM

3 posts, read 4,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Classic. So your car in the driveway is fine, but others isn't.
I understand your point but here is the difference, I get all the cars I can in my garage, the one car that dosent fit (because I have three cars and only a two car garage) is in the driveway. But people who CAN put their cars in the garage but CHOOSE not to because piles of junk they don't use anymore are more important than their three $30,000 dollar investments are just plain stupid!

Old 03-27-2011, 02:07 PM

860 posts, read 2,197,063 times
What a strange old poll. Unless the cars are parked illegally/haphazardly or are wrecks or parked on the lawn, then I don't see what is "trashy" about parking on the driveway. I have four cars in my family and a one car garage, so you bet the driveway is going to be utilized and it doesn't make the neighborhood look trashy.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:30 PM

24,473 posts, read 33,157,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberleutnant View Post
What a strange old poll. Unless the cars are parked illegally/haphazardly or are wrecks or parked on the lawn, then I don't see what is "trashy" about parking on the driveway. I have four cars in my family and a one car garage, so you bet the driveway is going to be utilized and it doesn't make the neighborhood look trashy.
Yeah, I also own four cars.
For a while, only one was in the garage. Then I decided to put a shed in the back yard and move everything from the garage to it. Now there is enough room for two cars in the garage.

One is in the driveway and one in the street. The ones parked outside I wash regularly.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:37 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,101,183 times
Charlotte is in NC but here you cant park a car on your front lawn or have any car thats not being driven with no tag even in your own driveway or the code cops will come on to your property and give you a ticket...Only thing is the code cops dont enforce it unless they want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive