Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 03:53 PM

2 posts, read 4,120 times

Advertisements

And ford the good car?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 04:20 PM

11,337 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Being an older member here, I remember back in the 60's (pre-drug) that anything said "Made in Japan" was junk. Well look at them now.

In 15 years China will be making quality items.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:18 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russian063 View Post
Misters, on video the Russian car LADA 2107.
we had ladas here in canada for a while they were still carbureted in the late 90's and failed emissions and saftey controls so they stopped importing them here..you could buy a brand new one for 5500 cdn LOL

heres a few lada jokes that I remember

What do you call a Lada at the top of a hill ?
A. A miracle.

How do you make a Lada worth twice as much?
You fill up the gas tank.

How do you make a Lada disappear?
You spray it with rust remover!

Old 10-01-2009, 09:15 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,669,699 times
China currently puts out junk because junk is what WalMart orders. There's no reason Chinese labor couldn't build a decent car if that's what is "ordered".

We ooh and ahh at their best in the world fireworks every 4th of july, don't we?

Old 10-02-2009, 02:32 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,285,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
The Chinese have to first learn how to crawl before they can walk. There is no way that Americans would trust the Chinese to build safe cars for their families given the amount of cheap crap the they flood our country with.

You have no idea how much I WISH what you said was true, but the reality is that people have quit thinking about our Country and sell it out everyday when they buy anything built in another country.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:17 AM

34 posts, read 61,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Being an older member here, I remember back in the 60's (pre-drug) that anything said "Made in Japan" was junk. Well look at them now.

In 15 years China will be making quality items.
Thats because the Americans after WWII came in and taught them quality control... they only got on their feet because of us... otherwise they would still be making junk. Look up Dr. Deming and other people like him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
China currently puts out junk because junk is what WalMart orders. There's no reason Chinese labor couldn't build a decent car if that's what is "ordered".

We ooh and ahh at their best in the world fireworks every 4th of july, don't we?
Walmart doesnt order cars... The chinese way is quantity not quality... always has been, always junk always will be junk. Their days are dwindling as we are finally reducing our demand for their sh*t... millions upon millions of chinese losing their jobs because of massive factory closure, thats what you get for living for the moment.

I dont know about you but i dont watch wimpy backyard displays, i go to local townships to watch professional American made fireworks that explode in the air, not on on the ground.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:34 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
I can rememebr when the same things were said about japanese cars;no one is laughing now.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:02 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiarTJ View Post
Thats because the Americans after WWII came in and taught them quality control... they only got on their feet because of us... otherwise they would still be making junk. Look up Dr. Deming and other people like him.

Walmart doesnt order cars... The chinese way is quantity not quality... always has been, always junk always will be junk. Their days are dwindling as we are finally reducing our demand for their sh*t... millions upon millions of chinese losing their jobs because of massive factory closure, thats what you get for living for the moment.

I dont know about you but i dont watch wimpy backyard displays, i go to local townships to watch professional American made fireworks that explode in the air, not on on the ground.
If we taught them quality control then why didn't we practice it during the 50's thru the 90's?

Are you sure the big firework companies buy their stuff from American companies and not China?

Old 10-03-2009, 10:27 AM

1,344 posts, read 3,608,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
we had ladas here in canada for a while they were still carbureted in the late 90's and failed emissions and saftey controls so they stopped importing them here..you could buy a brand new one for 5500 cdn LOL

What do you call a Lada at the top of a hill ?
A. A miracle.
I know all about Lada's. Cuba is flooded with them. They are total, complete junk. Worse than a dodge in late 80's....

I once saw an engine blow up on a Lada that was sitting at a stop light in Havana. The hood went flying and its occupants got out just in time...

Old 10-03-2009, 11:19 AM

34 posts, read 61,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
If we taught them quality control then why didn't we practice it during the 50's thru the 90's?
What are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Are you sure the big firework companies buy their stuff from American companies and not China?
Professional grade... The kind you need a license to purchase, not that cheap garbage you get at those chain fireworks warehouses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive