Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 11:11 AM

774 posts, read 2,380,655 times

Advertisements

Some nissan models are made in the U.K. and exported to Japan.

One third of all Ford engines exported worldwide are made in the U.K.

A lot of people would be surprised to see how much technology is U.K. based.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 04:13 PM

10 posts, read 15,848 times
I had a TR7 which I loved, but spent a lot of time fixing!!..the build quality of the cars left a lot to be desired, which is why the Brit car industry auto-destructed in the 80's......however the style, class and beauty cannot be questioned, the Jags, Rolls, Astons, Range Rovers are superb.....also 90% of the F1 racing teams are headquartered in the UK, development, investigation, all done there.....a tiny island, a few hundred miles square, but don't underestimate us????!!haha.

Old 05-08-2014, 11:54 PM

326 posts, read 471,009 times
the Noble M600 is pretty much my dream car
Jaguar F-type is beautiful, and they sound AMAZING (V8)
I'm not a big of Aston Martins TBH
Nor Bentley
AC Cobra's.. mint cars, especially the 427/428 V8 ones.
Ariel Atom seems fun
Ascari A10 sounds bonkers, i like
BAC Mono, not my cup of tea tbh
Neither is Caparo
Caterham's new Aero 7 looks epic.. i like it
Ginetta are not very interesting, just make little racing cars.
Land Rover Range Rover is not my type of car but the new one has grown on me.
Lotus's Exige S looks amazing. very supercar-ish not something you'd expect from the basic Elise chassis.
Mclaren are on point atm with the 650s and the P1. i actually prefer the P1 over the LaFerrari and 918
MG make crappy rebadged chinese cars.
Mini's used to be nice.. but their just getting fatter and uglier.
The Morgan 3 wheeler is just one of them cars you just WANT in your dream garage.
Rolls Royce are just up there. the craftsmanship and attention to detail is just world class.
TVR is apparently coming back.. i can't wait !. Noble will have a direct rival.
Ultima GTR looks pretty insane, and goes like it but they've been really quiet recently. maybe because the Huayra put a REALLY quick time on the Top Gear Test Track
Vauxhall are meh. nothing of interest apart from the 580hp LSA powered VXR8 and the Astra VXR.

Old 05-09-2014, 12:02 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Shoot I don't care where they come from, I just love cars in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive