Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2013, 04:26 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HolyNinja~ View Post
Really need this to sell, have my sights on what I'm trying to find right now! $100 for ya, people.
I realize WRXs have strong resale value, but asking $21K for a 7-year-old WRX with 52K miles is, shall we say, "optimistic."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 04:38 PM
lgt

469 posts, read 1,341,708 times
Mods decrease value as well.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:00 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,966,853 times
21k is a little high, but really, the used market values on Wrxs, STis, and Evos is just ridiculous right now and has been for the last couple years. He will probably find a buyer that will pay him pretty close to what he wants.

And as far as mods decreasing value, that isn't true, unless its very poorly modded with things like a BOV or turbo timer, or perhaps exhaust work on a 04+ that doesn't have a tune. However generally they don't decrease value, but contrary to what a lot of auto enthusiasts want to think, they don't increase value either.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu25rs View Post
21k is a little high, but really, the used market values on Wrxs, STis, and Evos is just ridiculous right now and has been for the last couple years. He will probably find a buyer that will pay him pretty close to what he wants.
It's not that ridiculous; there's a reason he hasn't found a buyer yet. I don't see him getting close to 21K unless he lucks upon a buyer wanting more or less those exact mods and will pay for the convenience of already having them done. My guess is he'll get around $17K for it.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:20 PM
lgt

469 posts, read 1,341,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu25rs View Post

And as far as mods decreasing value, that isn't true, unless its very poorly modded with things like a BOV or turbo timer, or perhaps exhaust work on a 04+ that doesn't have a tune. However generally they don't decrease value, but contrary to what a lot of auto enthusiasts want to think, they don't increase value either.
To the right person they won't, but in general they do. You will for sure take a hit for mods if you try and trade it in. I've read and heard from a lot of people that won't even consider a car with more than a few mild mods. Also I've watched more then a few moded cars listed online for weeks or months even when they were below market value.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
It's not that ridiculous; there's a reason he hasn't found a buyer yet. I don't see him getting close to 21K unless he lucks upon a buyer wanting more or less those exact mods and will pay for the convenience of already having them done. My guess is he'll get around $17K for it.
For buyers and sellers in the Subaru community, it is pretty ridiculous right now. I cruise around nasioc(worlds largest subie forum) classified sections all the time just to look at what people are selling, and I'm amazed at what a lot them are priced at. It's not uncommon to see good condition bugeyes with 120-150k still going for 7-10k. Even some high mileage first gen STis are still going for nearly 20k, sometimes over. It's just cyclical. They've gotten this way because people will pay it. But I wouldn't be surprised if in the next year or so, prices start to come way down.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgt View Post
To the right person they won't, but in general they do. You will for sure take a hit for mods if you try and trade it in. I've read and heard from a lot of people that won't even consider a car with more than a few mild mods. Also I've watched more then a few moded cars listed online for weeks or months even when they were below market value.
Oh on a trade in of course. But for private party, especially between enthusiasts, a properly modded car will not lose value, but won't gain much, if any either.

But you're right a lot won't consider a modded car. I passed over many nicely modded WRX wagons to find a good stock one when I bought mine.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:21 AM

1,289 posts, read 722,499 times
Funny how some seem to assume that I havn't been paying attention for the last 6 years. Lol. But thanks for your guidance (?) anyway...... not that it was requested or needed. Sorry, but I'm tired of seeing people always hate just to hate just cus they THINK THINK THINK they, of course, know better about that other guy on the internet's business. Start your own thread about Subaru sales if you're that concerned about the market where you can rant all you want about asking prices, mods, year, demand and others who choose to sell their vehicle after being an in-the-know ENTHUSIAST for years on Nasioc, wrxtuners, subytrader, iwsti, subyfanatic, and other forums.

I offer $100 to people and this is what I get? -.- OK, rant over.
Ranted because if not, we'll go into the next 5 pages discussing and arguing about this when IT IS WHAT IT IS. I've seen it tooooo many timesssss.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:19 AM

Wow. Overreact much?

Old 08-19-2013, 11:50 AM

1,289 posts, read 722,499 times
Nope, I don't; hence my explination of why the rant. An ounce of prevention is worth 3 pages of bantering back and forth. If it doesn't apply to you, then keep smiling. If it does, keep smiling anyway. A word to the wise is sufficient... hopefully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive