Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 12:20 PM

1,289 posts, read 722,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
LOL.... wow that was too funny! he he he he

I'm joking. My best friend and I go back and forth all day in good fun about his STI and my EVO. Its just in good fun .....relax

I'm relaxed...

Is yours a new X?? I think they look great but havnt really studied them much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 12:47 PM

9 posts, read 18,157 times
imprezas are nice dont get me wrong, but i think mitsubishi lancer evos r better my favorites are the evo 8, 9, and 10. they r very nice looking, and pretty fast, as well as all wheel drive, like the wrx.in my opinion buy an evo their better

Old 03-03-2009, 01:25 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,613,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HolyNinja~ View Post
I'm relaxed...

Is yours a new X?? I think they look great but havnt really studied them much.

The X hasnt grown on me that much yet. I had an VIII when they first came out. By the time I traded it in it was 409 WHP and was a beast. I loved that car so much. The SRT Charger was nice too but nothing like the EVO.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:14 AM

Ace500, We're not here trying to decide which car to buy. Notice the thread title. Click on the 'new thread' button and have an EvoEmoOrgy if ya want...

Speedadd, About how much $ did it cost to take it up to 409hp? Have any clue? I wanna take my WRX to stage 2 as well. (well, maybe I DONT'T wanna know how much I'm gonna spend,lol)

Old 03-04-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HolyNinja~ View Post
Ace500, We're not here trying to decide which car to buy. Notice the thread title. Click on the 'new thread' button and have an EvoEmoOrgy if ya want...

Speedadd, About how much $ did it cost to take it up to 409hp? Have any clue? I wanna take my WRX to stage 2 as well. (well, maybe I DONT'T wanna know how much I'm gonna spend,lol)

EVO Orgys are usually fun cuz the STI is usually the ones that get F**Ked..... LMAO JK Man, but I had to. You left that one wide open.

Ok seriously. For the EVO it was probably around 5 K - 6K. I spent about 10K on the car but alot of it was appearence stuff like wheels, tires, carbon fiber etc.

The EVO had upgraded Fuel pump, bigger injectors, upgraded intercooler, 10.5cm hotside, EVO 9 turbo, upgraded Intercooler pipes, Forge Wastegate actuator, tubular O2 housing, Tubular exh mani, Jestr Tuned ECU, Tilton Clutch, Forge Boost Controller, GSC 272 cams, Injen Intake, and I'm sure I am forgetting some stuff.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
EVO Orgys are usually fun cuz the STI is usually the ones that get F**Ked..... LMAO JK Man, but I had to. You left that one wide open.

Ok seriously. For the EVO it was probably around 5 K - 6K. I spent about 10K on the car but alot of it was appearence stuff like wheels, tires, carbon fiber etc.

The EVO had upgraded Fuel pump, bigger injectors, upgraded intercooler, 10.5cm hotside, EVO 9 turbo, upgraded Intercooler pipes, Forge Wastegate actuator, tubular O2 housing, Tubular exh mani, Jestr Tuned ECU, Tilton Clutch, Forge Boost Controller, GSC 272 cams, Injen Intake, and I'm sure I am forgetting some stuff.
...like the wood paneling siding, luggage rack, trailer hitch(so u can move your house), Nascar stickers, 3spinners, 1 donut, tire-stem lights, deer whistles, fake hood scoop for your 'blower', trunk monkey and last but not least.....

your rainbow antenna topper stating your, um,'happy' orientation... LOL

Hahhaha, I had to get ya for your 'orgy' comment!

5-6k is cheaper than I thought. How long dd it take? Did u have any type of ems? Oh, n/m; I c Jester now.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:45 PM

I had the car for 2.5 years and it was an ongoing process. All in all I spent most of the mod money when I was deployed and tax free in Iraq. :-)

Dont forget my PINK BADGING....oh wait nevermind thats strictly for you Subbie "boys" LMAO

Old 03-04-2009, 02:33 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,866,352 times
That's Cherry Blossom Red, not pink

The EVO debate is better left against an STI. Those two are direct competitors in terms of both performance and price. (especially now that both of them are pushing mid-high $30's while the WRX still starts at $25K

Old 03-04-2009, 11:02 PM

Quote:
I had the car for 2.5 years and it was an ongoing process. All in all I spent most of the mod money when I was deployed and tax free in Iraq. :-)

Dont forget my PINK BADGING....oh wait nevermind thats strictly for you Subbie "boys" LMAO
Haha, another point for u! Hey, my WRX is Urban Grey Metallic (that sounds testoterone-filled dosent it?) with no pink anywhere...including in the drivers seat! (beat ua to that one)

Seriously now, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO MY COUNTRY!!!! Rock on Emo dude!!!!!! I mean Evo dude!

I'm glad they don't discriminate against your type any more! Did they let you put you rainbow bumpersticker on your tank? Oh wait, u were probably in the tent sewing buttons on.

What did u do over here, if I may ask? My best friend was almost deployed during DS.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:45 AM

I went the first time as a member of an AF Special Ops unit. I'm NOT a Spec Ops guy myself, I was in a support function but I did get to see and do some cool cool *****.

Second time I went in my normal job as a Aircraft Supply person. Went to Balad Air Base about 60 miles from Baghdad. Mortoritaville as they called it. The insurgents lobbed mortors on us all the time.

Air Force guys dont stay in tents..... that not acceptable living conditions..... ha ha ha ha We had trailers. Mine was a single wide, I was living large!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive