Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 06:53 AM

836 posts, read 3,382,999 times

Advertisements

Spring is around the corner and there will be more and more bikers getting out on the road each and every day.
I wonder...If Ya ever notice how much you DON'T pay attention when there is a Motorcycle on the road??
This is for all you snooties out there that are scared or just don't like us bikers!! PLEASE PAY ATTENTION WHEN YOU DRIVE TO WHAT IS AROUND YOU.. WE HAVE FAMILIES TOO!!!

JUST A BIKER

I saw you hug your purse closer to you in the grocery store line. But you didn't see me put an extra $20.00 in the collection plate last Sunday.

I saw you pull your child closer when we passed each other on the sidewalk. But you didn't see me playing Santa at the local Mall.

I saw you change your mind about going into the restaurant when you saw my bike parked out front. But you didn't see me attending a meeting to raise more money for the hurricane relief.

I saw you roll up your window and shake your head when I rode by. But you didn't see me riding behind you when you flicked your cigarette butt out the car window.

I saw you frown at me when I smiled at your children. But you didn't see me when I took time off from work
to run toys to the homeless.

I saw you stare at my long hair. But you didn't see me and my friends cut ten inches off for Locks of Love.

I saw you roll your eyes at our leather jackets and gloves. But you didn't see me and my brothers donate our old ones to those that had none..

I saw you look in fright at my tattoos. But you didn't see me cry as my children were born or have their
name written over and in my heart.

I saw you change lanes while rushing off to go somewhere. But you didn't see me going home to be with my family.

I saw you complain about how loud and noisy our bikes can be. But you didn't see me when you were changing the CD and drifted into my lane.

I saw you yelling at your kids in the car. But you didn't see me pat my child's hands knowing she was safe behind me.

I saw you reading the newspaper or map as you drove down the road. But you didn't see me squeeze my wife's leg when she told me to take the next turn.

I saw you race down the road in the rain. But you
didn't see me get soaked to the skin so my son could have the car to go on his date.

I saw you run the yellow light just to save a few minutes of time. But you didn't see me trying to turn right.

I saw you cut me off because you needed to be in the lane I was in. But you didn't see me leave the road.

I saw you waiting impatiently for my friends to pass. But you didn't see me. I wasn't there.

I saw you go home to your family. But you didn't see me. Because I died that day you cut me off.

I was just a biker. A person with friends and a family. But you didn't see me.

Re post this around in hopes that people will understand the biker community.

If you don't re post this, then it sucks to be you. I hope you never lose someone that rides.

EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE US, RESPECT OUR RIGHTS TO RIDE WHAT WE CHOOSE AND TAKE A FEW EXTRA SECONDS TO BE SURE WE ARE NOT IN 'YOUR' WAY

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass . . . It's about learning to dance in the rain. Just because you can't see God, doesn't mean He is not there. 'For we walk by faith, not by sight.''In God We Trust!'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 07:53 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
100% agreed

Old 03-04-2009, 09:39 AM

61 posts, read 230,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
Spring is around the corner and there will be more and more bikers getting out on the road each and every day.
I wonder...If Ya ever notice how much you DON'T pay attention when there is a Motorcycle on the road??
This is for all you snooties out there that are scared or just don't like us bikers!! PLEASE PAY ATTENTION WHEN YOU DRIVE TO WHAT IS AROUND YOU.. WE HAVE FAMILIES TOO!!!

JUST A BIKER

I saw you hug your purse closer to you in the grocery store line. But you didn't see me put an extra $20.00 in the collection plate last Sunday.

I saw you pull your child closer when we passed each other on the sidewalk. But you didn't see me playing Santa at the local Mall.

I saw you change your mind about going into the restaurant when you saw my bike parked out front. But you didn't see me attending a meeting to raise more money for the hurricane relief.

I saw you roll up your window and shake your head when I rode by. But you didn't see me riding behind you when you flicked your cigarette butt out the car window.

I saw you frown at me when I smiled at your children. But you didn't see me when I took time off from work
to run toys to the homeless.

I saw you stare at my long hair. But you didn't see me and my friends cut ten inches off for Locks of Love.

I saw you roll your eyes at our leather jackets and gloves. But you didn't see me and my brothers donate our old ones to those that had none..

I saw you look in fright at my tattoos. But you didn't see me cry as my children were born or have their
name written over and in my heart.

I saw you change lanes while rushing off to go somewhere. But you didn't see me going home to be with my family.

I saw you complain about how loud and noisy our bikes can be. But you didn't see me when you were changing the CD and drifted into my lane.

I saw you yelling at your kids in the car. But you didn't see me pat my child's hands knowing she was safe behind me.

I saw you reading the newspaper or map as you drove down the road. But you didn't see me squeeze my wife's leg when she told me to take the next turn.

I saw you race down the road in the rain. But you
didn't see me get soaked to the skin so my son could have the car to go on his date.

I saw you run the yellow light just to save a few minutes of time. But you didn't see me trying to turn right.

I saw you cut me off because you needed to be in the lane I was in. But you didn't see me leave the road.

I saw you waiting impatiently for my friends to pass. But you didn't see me. I wasn't there.

I saw you go home to your family. But you didn't see me. Because I died that day you cut me off.

I was just a biker. A person with friends and a family. But you didn't see me.

Re post this around in hopes that people will understand the biker community.

If you don't re post this, then it sucks to be you. I hope you never lose someone that rides.

EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE US, RESPECT OUR RIGHTS TO RIDE WHAT WE CHOOSE AND TAKE A FEW EXTRA SECONDS TO BE SURE WE ARE NOT IN 'YOUR' WAY

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass . . . It's about learning to dance in the rain. Just because you can't see God, doesn't mean He is not there. 'For we walk by faith, not by sight.''In God We Trust!'
AMEN! "Brother"

Old 03-04-2009, 09:42 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,696,447 times
Amen. My son rides so I know what your saying. To all you bikers out there...........Be safe and watch out for those annoying pot holes.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Vet View Post
AMEN! "Brother"
lol Thanks.. but Im not a brother.. I'm a lady rider.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:35 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,696,447 times
Way to go Wolfeyes.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:41 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,859,793 times
So true! I have been hit by a car on my bike before (low speed thank goodness), and cut-off more times than I care to remember. Several of those times I escaped being hit because of it being drilled into my head from the time I was lifted on the back of a bike to go riding with my Dad, what he used to say. I can still hear him say these words "son when you drive a car you drive one vehicle, when you ride a bike you have to be driving EVERY car you see on the road, because they DON'T see you!"

Old 03-04-2009, 11:49 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
In the last few years ;I am seeing more and more motorcycle accidents that are one vehicle accidents. It seems that all two vehicle accidentsare caused by one not seeing the other or driving crazy. I think all it takes is listening to the sounds of motorcycles being driven at night whe it s quite to suspect the reason for os many single motorcycle accidents.IU also see tehm cutting in and out on the highways ignaoring lanes of traffic. The problem is that they can't break as well;are more exposed personally and many don't even wear helmets.Helmets to me are like epole not wearing a seatbelt regardless of the abiltiy to effect the laws.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
In the last few years ;I am seeing more and more motorcycle accidents that are one vehicle accidents. It seems that all two vehicle accidentsare caused by one not seeing the other or driving crazy. I think all it takes is listening to the sounds of motorcycles being driven at night whe it s quite to suspect the reason for os many single motorcycle accidents.IU also see tehm cutting in and out on the highways ignaoring lanes of traffic. The problem is that they can't break as well;are more exposed personally and many don't even wear helmets.Helmets to me are like epole not wearing a seatbelt regardless of the abiltiy to effect the laws.
I don't think anyone here will say your wrong but NOT all Motorcyclist are the same.. Yes we have all seen a punka$$ motorcycler act stupid even seen some of the older men driving acting stupid thinking they own the roads with their two/three wheelers but this is just a select few! Don't knock all of us because of someone elses stupidity! It is the same for the 4 wheelers you have your occational dumba$$ out there that thinks they own the roads and drive eractically causing accidents but that again is not all of us.. "MOst" of us drive with common sense like were suppose to specially when we know we could not only be hurt or killed but could take another life.
As for Helmets.. Not all states require you to wear a Helmet! It is a choice to wear one or not. Unless you are under 21 or 18 depending on the state.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:56 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,617,939 times
There are just as many idiots that drive cars as there are idiots who ride bikes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive