Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 07:44 AM

1,763 posts, read 7,334,091 times

Advertisements

ShelbyGirl,

Do you guys ever consider the R8 the "odd man (or lady) out?"

Don't get me wrong, all three cars are drool-worthy, and if I thought I ever had a chance to own any of them, I'd probably faint.

I love the R8, but it just looks like a teenager standing next to two heads of state. I guess it's just the perspective I have of supercars.

I'm curious if you guys ever think this when viewing your awesome collection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 07:45 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,415,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
The R8 just doesn't do anything for me.
LOL...that's ok...can't please everybody!

Old 03-03-2009, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caution View Post
ShelbyGirl,

Do you guys ever consider the R8 the "odd man (or lady) out?"

Don't get me wrong, all three cars are drool-worthy, and if I thought I ever had a chance to own any of them, I'd probably faint.

I love the R8, but it just looks like a teenager standing next to two heads of state. I guess it's just the perspective I have of supercars.

I'm curious if you guys ever think this when viewing your awesome collection.
Well....I guess maybe my DH does....For me...I love it and it was a definate worthy trade in my selling the 911. It is my everyday driver...and have to say, even DH says, it can give the Aston a run. It's just a really fun car to drive...but comparing it to the Ferrari would be comparing apples and oranges. Not even in the same league.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:38 AM

1,763 posts, read 7,334,091 times
It's very cool that you drive that daily. Considering Houston's roads and traffic, even more admirable. I met a couple when living in Houston who had a few exotics. They had a WRX wagon (when they first came out) as their daily and rarely took the big boys out. I always teased them about it. I saw them vallet the wagon over at the Kroger in River Oaks near where I worked once and didn't let them live it down. "Park like us peons if when you drive that econo-wagon!"

I hear the R8 is less tempermental than other sports cars in that range, and I bet it is true joy.

At least it isn't just sitting around looking pretty.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:43 AM

The Ferrari is purely a weekend driver...our biggest arguement is about "putting too much mileage" on it! The AM DH occasionally takes to work...other than that he drives his truck..or my car, like today.
For me....taking it to grocery stores or any shopping...not a biggie...I just park waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out and pray some pos doesn't park right next to me.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:44 AM

605 posts, read 2,989,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Well....I guess maybe my DH does....For me...I love it and it was a definate worthy trade in my selling the 911. It is my everyday driver...and have to say, even DH says, it can give the Aston a run. It's just a really fun car to drive...but comparing it to the Ferrari would be comparing apples and oranges. Not even in the same league.

Wow! Very nice. I can just see you taking your cats to the vet in it...

Old 03-03-2009, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna B. View Post
Wow! Very nice. I can just see you taking your cats to the vet in it...

sshhhhhhhh! LOL...actually, one of the cats has ridden in it already...it's the dogs, that DH will kill me if he ever finds out they've been in it.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:56 PM

854 posts, read 2,863,081 times
i always enjoy your pics

Old 03-03-2009, 03:24 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Quote:
So far, no names...welcome to suggestions!
Male/masculine names:

Ferrari: Bruno
Audi: Kaiser
A-M: Clive

Female/Feminine names:

Ferrari: Bella
Audi: Astrud
A-M: Miranda

Old 03-03-2009, 03:49 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
Quote:
The Ferrari is purely a weekend driver...our biggest arguement is about "putting too much mileage" on it! The AM DH occasionally takes to work...other than that he drives his truck..or my car, like today.
For me....taking it to grocery stores or any shopping...not a biggie...I just park waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out and pray some pos doesn't park right next to me.
A good friend of ours that is another "car guy" has Ferrari's and on really pretty days he will drive them wherever he needs to go. Except to pick the kids up at school....... wonder why

As for parking..... the friend aboves wife and I laugh about our "reserved" parking spots at the local SuperTarget. It is usually only one of our cars that will be parked in these special spots. Even though she only ever drives their Suburban and I could be in anything.......... we always head for one of 2 spots. It is out there. Soooo, we park in these spots that there is only ONE SPOT to park on either aisle nose in to each other between one of the grass medians and the far out buggy return. No one can park on either side of us AND no one can put their buggy right next to our cars. I usually pass the entire empty parking lot from that spot to the door. I don't like to park out in the wide open and cars zipping thru hit the car OR windblown buggies come barrelling into it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive