Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 04:23 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,396,608 times

Advertisements

Wow. I must find out what you two do for a living!! We're over in San Antonio, and very seldom see anything so nice. Saw a nice Viper on 35 a few weeks ago, but in Austin.

And I don't care what anyone says, that R8 is a nice car!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 06:07 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,270,783 times
LOL...Thank you! We love the R8...and nice thing about them is that there are not that many around. Only 900 made nationwide for 2009
She gets driven every single day

Old 04-09-2009, 06:46 PM

687 posts, read 2,939,759 times
Back in the late 80's, a former boss had a 1977? 308GTS, black, tan leather, no a/c.....and this was in Phoenix, Az. He would drive it 2-3 days a week across the city, windows up, sweating like mad...didn't want anyone to know it didn't have air. When he went thru his midlife crisis 7mil divorce...the ex's attorney asked him if he didn't drive a Ferrari....to which he replied he drove a (then)10 year old foreign car without air conditioning. Still had to pay big time.
The vice president of the same company had a '58 Bentley, same style as the gorgeous Silver Cloud I believe it's called...gorgeous car, cream color, wide whites, wood and leather insides....again, no a/c and in Phoenix. Plus, to start it you had to shoot ether into those SU carbs while somebody else turned the key and pumped the throttle. Lots of fun to do when we drove it to the "wrong" side of town for lunch at the best damn soul food cafe around.
And door dings???? Last new car I bought, babied it, wash, wax, protect etc.....I pulled in to the garage in the wifes car, and you guessed it...opened up the door and slammed a nice bb size deep ding right into the side of the new car, of course it was right where the reflections caught it all the time. I give up.....

Old 04-09-2009, 06:55 PM

LOL....In spite of all the babying.....sh*t still happens!
Last year we had a Ford GT40...black with silver stripe. She was parked in the garage in one of the bays. Covered. I come out into the garage to take my car out to run errands and something catches the cornor of my eye. Leaning against the car is a HATCHET that had fallen from a holder on the wall and landed on the car! I kept hoping upon hope there would be no ding in the aluminum...Wrong! Dent about 3 inches long in the drivers side panel. You should have seen the look on my husbands face when I had to break the news to him!
Thankfully, we have a good guy who can take that kind of stuff out. So far...(fingers crossed) these 3 are dent, scratch, rub, swirl, etc free. 3M paint protector helps tremendously.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:14 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,688,878 times
Or something comes flying off a truck on the highway and hits your car. Happened to hubby's Cayenne. Thank goodness it was only the lid to a rubbermaid tote but it still put a good scuff on it. I'm anal retentive when it comes to parking. A hatchett? YIKES!!!! Can't wait till our new garage is done and the "classics" can be parked in a garage w/ no lawn items or kids stuff.

I've got to get some pics up from last weekends car show but it was GREAT! (if you want to see last years go to www.heigtscarshow.com). Several Ferrari's, Lambo's and an Aston and even a Porsche GT that you don't see often at all. I got to sit in a brand new 2009 Lambo (so did my 14 yo daughter). They had it WRAPPED! I stood there for a minute looking at it because it was FLAT black. I was talking to the guy and he saw my shirt (car show shirt for staff) and he popped open the door and said, "get in". SCCCHWEEET I asked him about the paint and he told me then it was a wrap. It was wild.

It is bad because now my kids are "in the know" about all of these high end cars and think no big deal about them.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Or something comes flying off a truck on the highway and hits your car. Happened to hubby's Cayenne. Thank goodness it was only the lid to a rubbermaid tote but it still put a good scuff on it. I'm anal retentive when it comes to parking. A hatchett? YIKES!!!! Can't wait till our new garage is done and the "classics" can be parked in a garage w/ no lawn items or kids stuff.

I've got to get some pics up from last weekends car show but it was GREAT! (if you want to see last years go to www.heigtscarshow.com). Several Ferrari's, Lambo's and an Aston and even a Porsche GT that you don't see often at all. I got to sit in a brand new 2009 Lambo (so did my 14 yo daughter). They had it WRAPPED! I stood there for a minute looking at it because it was FLAT black. I was talking to the guy and he saw my shirt (car show shirt for staff) and he popped open the door and said, "get in". SCCCHWEEET I asked him about the paint and he told me then it was a wrap. It was wild.

It is bad because now my kids are "in the know" about all of these high end cars and think no big deal about them.
Don't even get me started about "stuff" in the street flying around. Ya know those dam white buckets that seem to litter the streets? My car is like a magnet for them! LOL...the hatchet is no longer on the wall...and neither is anything else! One thing falling was enough to have him clear it all out.
Porsche GT3 Took one out for a spin a few weeks ago...cool car...but rode like a buck board....no luxury there...pure bare bones racer!
The Ferrari is completely wrapped...the R8 the whole front end...and the Aston, just the very front end. We need to get that done pronto!
My kids were brought up around cars...both kids, boy and girl are car (and motorcycle) fanatics. I truely believe it is a gene they inherited from both of us!
I "think" we are doing the Keels and Wheels car and boat show here in a few weeks. We were asked to join...not sure what hubby told them.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:37 PM

687 posts, read 2,939,759 times
Porsche GT....I've seen one on the street, this during Barrett Jackson days by the Scottsdale Airpark...pulled up next to it in a company truck....look down, drool...see the little kid driving it...I swear he was no more than 20 or so. And no, it wasn't a dealer tag, regular registration. geez.....
Gotta say, that ranks right up on the cars seen on the street tally with Craig Jackson driving a restored '67 Yenko Camaro around on a nice Saturday morning, chirping skinny redlines with each gear, big grin on his face.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:44 PM

1,396 posts, read 3,422,499 times
Thought you might like to see my weekend pictures, 3 months prior to yours.
It was at a country restaurant about an hour from Melbourne, Australia.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Don't even get me started about "stuff" in the street flying around. Ya know those dam white buckets that seem to litter the streets? My car is like a magnet for them! LOL...the hatchet is no longer on the wall...and neither is anything else! One thing falling was enough to have him clear it all out.
Porsche GT3 Took one out for a spin a few weeks ago...cool car...but rode like a buck board....no luxury there...pure bare bones racer!
The Ferrari is completely wrapped...the R8 the whole front end...and the Aston, just the very front end. We need to get that done pronto!
My kids were brought up around cars...both kids, boy and girl are car (and motorcycle) fanatics. I truely believe it is a gene they inherited from both of us!
I "think" we are doing the Keels and Wheels car and boat show here in a few weeks. We were asked to join...not sure what hubby told them.
You should see hubby when anyone has to do work on the breaker panel or water sprinkler control........ the 69 Mach 1 CJ is right beside them. I had to back it out the other day all by myself for them to replace the breaker panels. I've never even SAT IN THAT CAR! Now I was backing it out of the garage. You should have seen the crowd of workers when I fired that one up to go back INTO the garage. I think it blew some of those guys brains to hear that start up. And here it was a "chick" driving it. Hehehehe.

That Porsche was AWESOME! Some people thought it was a Ferrari or Lambo till they found it was a P-car. Bright yellow. I bet it rides rough. Not exactly the car to put on mascara in

Okay, by wrapped you have it a different color than it was factory? This Lambo came from Italy white and they wrapped it in this flat and I mean FLAT black wrap. It looked almost like a very fine grain teflon. It was wild.

A good friend that has a huge collection of cars from high end classic muscle cars to high end exotics cracked up after the car show. His kids were most impressed w/ the "yarn car". The others are so "everyday" for them that this one was just WOW for those kids. Look this one up, THE ELEMENTS: An Art Car
I'm telling you, this takes some major dedication.

Hubby and above mentioned friend are going to be there for Keels and Wheels. Don't know if they are taking a car or not???

Old 04-09-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinuteMan View Post
Thought you might like to see my weekend pictures, 3 months prior to yours.
COOL!

Don't you just love seeing them all at once. Nothing like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive