Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 06:05 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,338,885 times

Advertisements

This infuriates me to a level that I just feel like ramming them off the road. Anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 06:12 AM

3,961 posts, read 11,024,066 times
that bothers me almost as much as those who try to scoot around you at a stop light to jump back in front ( rarely do i lose those "races" when the light hits green ).
And no i'm not being childish--they started it

Old 03-05-2009, 06:13 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,338,885 times
Especially when you're driving on a two lane one way road, you're on the left and two cars are on the right. You're about a 1/4 mile away, plenty of room for the guy in the second car to switch lanes and pass the car in front of him. TheN as you approach the second car, almost at a car and a half length he decides to switch lanes without putting on the blinkers.
Or better yet, the car to your left decides to cut you off without putting on the blinkers then decides to get off the next exit. Mind you, there was no car behind me so he could have slowed down a little, get behind me and then get off.
Don't I wish I had a .50 caliber machine gun on my car.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:16 AM

3,961 posts, read 11,024,066 times
OR

perhaps deply some nascar short-track bump tactics........

Old 03-05-2009, 08:15 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,718,851 times
I only get mad when they don't signal and then cut me off or if they decide to put their left blinker on at the last second and I get trapped behind them. I don't understand why people are so slow and stupid that they can't check all of their mirrors every 15-30 seconds or look around just to get an idea of the traffic situation around them. I must say... women are the worst cuplrit of that un-awareness.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:17 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,268,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
This infuriates me to a level that I just feel like ramming them off the road. Anyone?
...maybe not enough to make me go 'Road Warrior' on their @55 but enough to make me flip the bird.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:48 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,424,010 times
It's all about conservation and Global Warming! Those little blinky lights cost money...why use them when we can conserve?

Old 03-05-2009, 08:50 AM

78,418 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Not so much for lane changes....what really ticks me off though is if you are sitting at an intersection and trying to turn left and the car facing you doesn't have their turn signal on. You wait for them to proceed through the intersection so you can turn but nope...they turn across your path instead and ********* over because now there is traffic and you can't make your turn.

Now in these situations...I turn off my blinker and start to pull out straight then make my turn. For a split second they get to think they are about to get t-boned and perhaps will reflect upon why it's nice to correctly signal at an intersection.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:55 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Quote:
Cat, Cat, Cat .....

First, you have to understand why some of us refuse to use our signals. you know me - I'm a native Californian. Have pretty much ALWAYS used my turn signals. Didn't have any reason not to.

Then, I moved to Texas - home of the rudest drivers I've ever seen anywhere in the world - and I've traveled extensively. I had California plates on my car while in Texas (I wasn't there that long). In Texas, if you are a Californian and you signal your intent to change lanes or exit the freeway, they speed up and will not let you make your lane change. Texas is where I learned NOT to use my turn signals. You NEVER want to tip off the enemy to your next move.

Now that I'm back in California, the use of my turn signals has been restored.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:55 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,537,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
It's all about conservation and Global Warming! Those little blinky lights cost money...why use them when we can conserve?
ShelbyGirl1, don't forget; if you forget to turn OFF your blinker, you might run out of blinker fluid...

BOT: Yep, ya mean like the stunt driver I encountered this morning??? A Budget rental truck pulling a car trailer passed me and I blinked my lights when he'd safely cleared me. He signaled, came over then blinked his lights "thanks". No sooner than all this took place, a Chevy Aveo cuts between us (no signal), stomps on his brakes, then exits at the next off-ramp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive