Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Truck window murals...
OMG yes!!! Murals are awesome! 1 7.69%
Truck window murals? Sounds a little trashy to me... 4 30.77%
Why would anyone want those things? 8 61.54%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 12:05 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,582,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Try this mess
Hey Ozzie... At least that truck is American and not one of Toyota's "uninspired" designs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 12:07 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,676,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
All of them. That's just my opinion though. If you personally want one, go for it!
Tennessee... you must have seen alot of these murals in your day eh?

I don't think its a matter of wanting for me.... I believe that I must have one.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:12 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,307,373 times
Quote:
Hey Ozzie... At least that truck is American and not one of Toyota's "uninspired" designs.
Ah you saw my corrected post.

Old 05-17-2009, 02:17 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,582,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Tennessee... you must have seen alot of these murals in your day eh?

I don't think its a matter of wanting for me.... I believe that I must have one.

They are so commonplace and old news down here. I would even call them embarassing to have one here.

Old 05-17-2009, 10:31 AM

806 posts, read 2,949,397 times
Quote:
They are so commonplace and old news down here. I would even call them embarassing to have one here.
I agree. Same here. Don't.

If someone just gave me a brand new F-150 Platinum Crew Cab 4x4 BUT told me I had to put one of these murals on it.. I would promptly give it back.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:31 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,093,806 times
I think theyre pretty lame myself. Rather redneck as most of the ones I see are rebel flags and realtree design. Yes, we have rednecks in Chicagoland, too.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:12 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,470,151 times
Quote:
LOL... personally I think truck murals are freakin' awesome. What are some of your opinions on truck murals?

Now that I own a big 4x4 I only see it fitting to get a window mural. I was thinking along the lines of:

Classic American Flag-Bald Eagle combo...

A night scene with wolves howling at the moon...

Or a forest scene with an alert 12 point buck glaring at you...

So please, your thoughts on murals and some advice on my options.
I think you should get a night scene done with a wolf draped in a big American flag howling at an enormous bright moon and a Bald Eagle perched on top while 12 point bucks graze in the forest below....and "9/11 NEVAR 4GET" with madd yellow ribbons tattooed all across it. That would be so sick...and one of those dream catchers, but instead of catching dreams it'd prob be catching Playboy models alllll day.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:25 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,676,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
I think theyre pretty lame myself. Rather redneck as most of the ones I see are rebel flags and realtree design. Yes, we have rednecks in Chicagoland, too.
Hmmm... I was thinking about doing camo bug guard and fender flares... we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
I think you should get a night scene done with a wolf draped in a big American flag howling at an enormous bright moon and a Bald Eagle perched on top while 12 point bucks graze in the forest below....and "9/11 NEVAR 4GET" with madd yellow ribbons tattooed all across it. That would be so sick...and one of those dream catchers, but instead of catching dreams it'd prob be catching Playboy models alllll day.
Thats a pretty intense scene, sounds like I would have to special order something like that. And I am not so sure about the 9/11-yellow ribbon thing... doesn't seem to fit in with all the animals. How about instead of draping the wolf in a flag we give the big moon a flag pattern?

Old 05-18-2009, 08:40 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,578,439 times
Not a fan of the murals. Well when it comes to pickups they are a lot like a lady. The less they have on them the better they look. For me the back window is tinted. That is all.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:49 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,561,660 times
Quote:
LOL... personally I think truck murals are freakin' awesome. What are some of your opinions on truck murals?
Two words: Red & Neck

Make sure you include a little silhouette of Calvin peeing on something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive