Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What kind of dealer would you rather deal with?
The old school polyester suit guy that makes you think 'get me out of here' 1 1.82%
CarMax type businesses that have a 'price, period' 12 21.82%
Internet quotes that let you decide and then go deal 33 60.00%
other (please explain) 9 16.36%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 04:59 PM

47 posts, read 103,641 times

Advertisements

This guy is amazing. Most people nowdays stay away from his type but there must be enough uninformed that still sit still for the oldfashioned bull.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 05:00 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,416,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus_the_second View Post
This guy is amazing. Most people nowdays stay away from his type but there must be enough uninformed that still sit still for the oldfashioned bull.

You tell me what my type is.

Easygoing? Yeah, generally, unless someone comes in with an attitude.

Interested in getting paid for my work? Check.

Come on, tell me what my type is that people try and stay away from?

I won't put up with BS? Is that it?

Old 07-18-2009, 05:12 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,038,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
Which are?

Come on, you want to take shots at me, do it for real. Tell me what I do that is predatory and should be illegal.

Come on.
I never said or referred to anything about 'illegal'. You should pay better attention.

Predatory, yes. You have said yourself that it is all about how much money YOU make.

I have been pretty clear about what I think about the kind of tactics you employ. Sure, you still get business, good for you. As I said before, "There is a sucker born every minute."

Anyone that knows there is a better way will use it. Eventually you will run out of customers.

Old 07-18-2009, 05:16 PM

47 posts, read 103,641 times
Quote:
You tell me what my type is.

Easygoing? Yeah, generally, unless someone comes in with an attitude.

Interested in getting paid for my work? Check.

Come on, tell me what my type is that people try and stay away from?

I won't put up with BS? Is that it?
Look at the poll above that should be enough.

Old 07-18-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
I never said or referred to anything about 'illegal'. You should pay better attention.

Predatory, yes. You have said yourself that it is all about how much money YOU make.

I have been pretty clear about what I think about the kind of tactics you employ. Sure, you still get business, good for you. As I said before, "There is a sucker born every minute."

Anyone that knows there is a better way will use it. Eventually you will run out of customers.

I took this -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
no laws to govern the sale of vehicles they may be right.
to mean you wanted laws in place.

And yes, it's all about how much money I make. I work a lot, and I don't get paid a salary. Some days it costs me money to go to work with tollbooths and gas. So yes, it's all about how much money I make. Sorry if that offends your delicate sensibilities.

And no, you haven't been clear about what tactics I employ. Tell me, is the refusal to just give people a price, or the refusal to play the buyer's game or is it just that I won't sit there and do it the way you want it?

Tell me what "predatory tactics" I employ. Come on, here's your chance.

Old 07-18-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus_the_second View Post
Look at the poll above that should be enough.

I hate polyester. I prefer Sea Island Cotton.

Old 07-18-2009, 07:16 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,096,057 times
I use the internet almost all the time. I have purchased a car on eBay even! I find that on eBay I can find the best deal and then work from there. No need for me to go to the dealer (unless I am friends with one - only four in my case) and waste time. If I am ready, I go on eBay do some reasearch and then check autotrader/cars.com and make a deal from one of 3 the sites.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:14 AM

6,796 posts, read 14,018,392 times
I simply refuse to buy a car that does not have price on it. The car business is the only business that employ these tactics. Why should I have to ask what a car cost. Put the dam price on the car. This is a serious pet peeve of mines.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I simply refuse to buy a car that does not have price on it. The car business is the only business that employ these tactics. Why should I have to ask what a car cost. Put the dam price on the car. This is a serious pet peeve of mines.

It's actually against the law not to have a Monroney sticker on there. So technically, you can call the cops and have the dealership fined.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:55 AM

568 posts, read 2,419,072 times
Quote:
It's actually against the law not to have a Monroney sticker on there. So technically, you can call the cops and have the dealership fined.
It's only illegal if they don't have the Buyer's Guide, the sticker that states whether or not the car has a warranty. They don't have to have the other sticker that gives the more detailed information on the vehicle, and sometimes, the price. And I can tell you, as a person whose job it is to put those stickers on cars, most dealers opt to not put a price on those stickers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive