Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 08:36 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Not having a fixed address is "unusual", and it is against the law to be unusual in the USA. Cops have fixed addresses, judges have fixed addresses, state legislators have fixed addresses, Sunday-school teachers have fixed addresses,and they can't understand how or why any honest person can live without a fixed address. Anybody without a fixed address is unusual, and must be hiding somethinkg, and therefore there is reasonable cause to suspect them of doing other things that are unusual, and those are illegal, too.

Besides, they have to know where they can find you, when (not if) the Constitution is suspended and the republic needs to be protected against certain "unusual" people. That is why, when you change your fixed address, you have to have the address changed on your drivers license within 30 days. What other reason could there possibly be for the authorities to need know at all times exactly where they can find you? Can't have any holes in your dossier in the database.
I am assuming that you are joking. I can't seem to find any information in the code of law for the United States of America that says you need a fixed address. My brother would be a perfect example. For years his fixed address was always moving on the road somewhere. He is a truck driver, singer, songwriter. He is always somewhere else. Currently he is on tour and his address is a very large RV. Now his manager knows how to reach him and his money still comes in to his bank but his address is The United States of America. Another brother has a good friend that works for the Department of Defense. He makes into the 6 figures and has never owned a home. His fixed address is where he works if you want to call it that. He flies all over the world and is never in a single location for more than a couple weeks at a time. He does come back to the area often but usually stays in the Navy Lodge (similar to a hotel.) He does have a car that is registered in California. Not sure what he uses as an address though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 09:53 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
When I lived on a boat in California, the DMV lady woudl not let me use a PO box for either my license or car registration (I cannot remember which). I argued with her for a while and got nowhere. Finally I gave her an applicaton listing my address as "1 Pacific Ocean, Balboa CA" She happily procceeded to process my application.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:02 AM

1 posts, read 2,728 times
Default Homelessness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Not having a fixed address is "unusual", and it is against the law to be unusual in the USA. Cops have fixed addresses, judges have fixed addresses, state legislators have fixed addresses, Sunday-school teachers have fixed addresses,and they can't understand how or why any honest person can live without a fixed address. Anybody without a fixed address is unusual, and must be hiding somethinkg, and therefore there is reasonable cause to suspect them of doing other things that are unusual, and those are illegal, too.

Besides, they have to know where they can find you, when (not if) the Constitution is suspended and the republic needs to be protected against certain "unusual" people. That is why, when you change your fixed address, you have to have the address changed on your drivers license within 30 days. What other reason could there possibly be for the authorities to need know at all times exactly where they can find you? Can't have any holes in your dossier in the database.
unfortunately not many people are aware of your meaning of UNUSUAL. because here in California the only thing UNUSUAL about many people that have no address is the number of HOMELESS PEOPLE that are here and sometimes a CAR is all that they have to sleep in......
It is sad and UNUSUAL that people who are fortunate to have the basics in life still do not recognize the homeless individual and or family that are...as you say UNUSUAL

Old 01-23-2015, 02:00 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
We full-timed in an RV for three years. During that time our "home address" was on 10th Ave. S. Great Falls, MT. specifically, the address of the UPS Store, with PMB XX.
So, the address was something like:
Joe Bacigaplonski
XXXX 10th Ave S.
PMB SS
Great Falls, MT ZIP+4
Every time we changed contracts (usually every 13 weeks), I would call them a week in advance, telling them to hold mail until notified. When we arrived at our new contract and got set up, I would call them and let them know the new address, and to resume forwarding the mail.
We had Trac-Fones, so I would also call them and update our location so we always had a local phone number. These days I guess that isn't really necessary, but back then it was nice to avoid long distance charges for local calls.
We were officially Montana residents, by the way. Driver licenses, vehicle registration, etc. all Montana.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive