Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2009, 01:37 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Just yesterday, here in Omaha, they arrested a guy who was clocked doing 188 mph down Interstate 29 (which is narrowed to 1-lane in a lot of places).

He was riding a 1300 Susuki Hyabusa.

Obviously, he's a skilled rider. But skilled doesn't mean smart.
this suits this post
YouTube - Crazy!!! Car and bike crashes!...and a snowboarder
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 01:39 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,681,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
I'm going to take an educated guess here, and assume that the guy in the mini-truck - who was T-Boned by the Semi - was probably killed.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:50 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Quote:
I'm going to take an educated guess here, and assume that the guy in the mini-truck - who was T-Boned by the Semi - was probably killed.
if not they would need the jaws of life to get him out of that wreck

Old 08-07-2009, 02:47 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Just yesterday, here in Omaha, they arrested a guy who was clocked doing 188 mph down Interstate 29 (which is narrowed to 1-lane in a lot of places).

He was riding a 1300 Susuki Hyabusa.

Obviously, he's a skilled rider. But skilled doesn't mean smart.
A 'Busa will make your eyes water in first gear.... third gear will start the pucker factor BAD......they are bad news deluxe.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:49 PM

95 posts, read 178,204 times
Yeppers... I stopped in. I just went to the last post though. I don't know a whole lot about mechanics, but I sure do know about rednecks...

Old 08-07-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSouthernRide View Post
Yeppers... I stopped in. I just went to the last post though. I don't know a whole lot about mechanics, but I sure do know about rednecks...
HEY YOU!!! I know YOU know about rednecks because you ARE one.

Glad you made it over

Old 08-07-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Yes,the dude was killed and so was his girlfriend who was riding with him...he was running from the law.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:52 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
I was thinking the same, wow!
Actually, waaaay back about 30-something years ago, my (then) husband bought a 67 Camaro from some little ol lady, as a project car. A simple little v-6 that was barely running on 3. Smoked like crazy, but for $100, it worked out ok. He took it apart, slapped in a v-8 (a 283) and beefed her up. Needless to say, by the time he and his brother were done with it, you might say that car was about as 'hot' as many of the parts on it, if ya get my drift.
You might be redneck if your car consists of several different cars' parts.....
A V-6 in a 1967 Camaro? I didn't know Chevrolet put those in there, I thought they only had the 250 in-line 6, and the small block V-8's, which I think included the 327.

That car would be worth a lot of money today, if it's still in very good condition.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:58 PM

2,544 posts, read 4,283,841 times
I can see this will be one of my favorite threads.

I grew up in a little farming town in Michigan's thumb. There wasn't a whole lot for young guys to do on a Saturday night, so we'd always have big parties on the back 40 with bonfires, mudbogs, etc. I'm sure you've all been there.

Well, these boys from the farms, one of their favorite things to do was to get liquored up and have a fight. These guys were generally pretty big, and amazingly strong. I just tried to stay out of the way.

Well, this was the best fight I ever saw. This guy was just raggin' on this petite little girl one night, she couldn't have weighed more than 110 pounds. Pretty girl. He was pretty lit. She was getting madder and madder all the time, 'til finally she'd had enough. She just hauled back and cold cocked this dude, and he went down like a ton of bricks. Flat out cold.

He was quite a bit quieter for several weeks after that. Took him a long time to live that down.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanman13 View Post
I can see this will be one of my favorite threads.

I grew up in a little farming town in Michigan's thumb. There wasn't a whole lot for young guys to do on a Saturday night, so we'd always have big parties on the back 40 with bonfires, mudbogs, etc. I'm sure you've all been there.

Well, these boys from the farms, one of their favorite things to do was to get liquored up and have a fight. These guys were generally pretty big, and amazingly strong. I just tried to stay out of the way.

Well, this was the best fight I ever saw. This guy was just raggin' on this petite little girl one night, she couldn't have weighed more than 110 pounds. Pretty girl. He was pretty lit. She was getting madder and madder all the time, 'til finally she'd had enough. She just hauled back and cold cocked this dude, and he went down like a ton of bricks. Flat out cold.

He was quite a bit quieter for several weeks after that. Took him a long time to live that down.
I married her....and later her sister.

btw..this has turned out to be my favorite thread too...no arguing and having fun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive