Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2009, 08:11 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Do the doors of your pickup match?

If they do, GET OFF THIS THREAD!!!!!
Which pickup?

The 79 is has a shade of surface rust and brown...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 08:17 AM

754 posts, read 1,922,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
My infill lot neighbors (a huge ridiculous house built on a sliver of lot in an old neighborhood) arrived home today from their summer in the Hamptons or wherever they go. So I hung my laundry out in the yard on my nice old 1935 clotheslines because I know they hate that and it drives them crazy. WELCOME HOME!

Oh jeez, good for you. My neighborhood is becoming a "tear down" as well. We have huges lots and brick homes... They come in and tear down perfectly good homes and put three or four in their stead. These people can lean out their dining room and shake hands with the neighbor in their dining room. Our lot is on a 90 degree curve and so I am not sure how many they will manage to put on it if we ever sell.

We do have a 20 acres and a small house in the country so and will probably end of moving their when/if we do sell.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:20 AM

754 posts, read 1,922,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Do the doors of your pickup match?

If they do, GET OFF THIS THREAD!!!!!

Our 74 gmc just contributed to some nice looks. It died, but we sold it to a friend and now see the pieces all over when we visit the area. My brother has the windshield, my other brother has the grill, the motor is in another vehicle and the rear end is in yet another brothers truck.... Recyling is a Redneck THING.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:47 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,664,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984vt View Post
Our 74 gmc just contributed to some nice looks. It died, but we sold it to a friend and now see the pieces all over when we visit the area. My brother has the windshield, my other brother has the grill, the motor is in another vehicle and the rear end is in yet another brothers truck.... Recyling is a Redneck THING.
Bless you, my brother! Bless you!

Old 09-22-2009, 06:10 AM

95 posts, read 178,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984vt View Post
Ain't that the truth! Ever used an empty coke can to fish with? Of course, you could probably use a full one, but my luck i would get thirsty about the time I got a bite. It works pretty good when you are short a rod, and throwing out short distance. Mind you it don't work on large fish... I'm sure a handy substitute for could be thought up.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:15 PM

2,544 posts, read 4,281,135 times
Never used a Coke can, but I have used a chunk of an old yellow foam earplug as a fly lure. Actually caught a couple with it.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:37 PM

You can make lures out of the tops off glass bottles. just use a small nail to put 2 holes in it. one at the edge on one side, and another straight across on the other side. Use pliers to bend it slightly, put a swivel at one hole and the hook at the other. put a sinker inside the cap and bend it the rest of the way to close it.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:31 AM

740 posts, read 1,881,464 times
Just picked up a 93 F150 to use as a plow truck. I have to get out the bondo to get it inspected, but can't wait to get her on the road.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:34 AM

2,544 posts, read 4,281,135 times
That got the 302?

Old 10-03-2009, 02:49 PM

my feller bought me a 95 silverado as part of my birthday present last month... i likes it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive