Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 02:16 PM

815 posts, read 2,136,982 times

Advertisements

I have a 2007 Honda Accord and I was looking to get it lowered, but I am torn between an Eiback Pro-Kit lowering springs and Skunk2 lowering springs. Does anyone here have any experience with these? And how much will the ride be affected If I dont install a camber kit? And last but not least does anyone know if a Eibach pro-kit for a 2002 Honda, will fit a 2007 Honda? Any help would be much appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 03:24 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,086,495 times
I'd go with Eibach or Tein. The degree of camber correction depends on the severity of the drop but in most cases you will need a camber kit and an alignment unless you want to go through tires more often due to uneven wear. The older gen springs will not work for the newer one because they are designed for different weights (spring rates, etc..). I also strongly recommend that you upgrade shocks (KYB or Koni) because you will expend the life of the factory shocks rapidly and your car will ride very poorly.

Old 08-31-2009, 03:47 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,072,247 times
Eibach are a known German outfit, I have never heard of Skunk2. *2 on upgrading the shocks, wait till you have the $ to do shocks as well as springs or you will be bouncing down the road, like I see half the time on lowered cars around here.

A tip. Don't lower it as far as you can. Try a little subtlety - not to mention if you only lower say an inch, you may not need a camber kit.

I am assuming this is a 2-door Accord - to me a 4-door, automatic equipped car that's lowered and wearing plus - 2 size wheels and tires looks as rediculous as Woody Allen in a muscle shirt. Don't call attention to what you ain't got...

Keep in mind if you lower radically you will lose ground clearance big time, on a lot of Japanese cars stuff like transmission oil pans are what will hit whatever you run over.

I have a set of "red" Konis on the Scirocco, with stock springs, the only downside to these shocks is that they have to be set for rebound stiffness by turning the entire shock, it has to be off the car to do this, and the instructions that come with them are a sorry attempt to show you what to do with just pictures, to me they were confusing, so if you get them look at Koni's web page in advance and figure out how you want to set them up before you are at the shop. These are an excellent shock and not too expensive, lifetime warrenty.

Old 08-31-2009, 03:54 PM

Skunk2 is well recognized in the import circles but I'd still go with Eibach or Tein as the superior product.

Old 08-31-2009, 04:38 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,422,379 times
Skunk2 does a lot of things exceptionally well (my exhaust is Skunk2), but Eibach does springs and suspension and does it incredibly well.

Your ride will suffer a good bit, though.

Old 08-31-2009, 04:46 PM

My G35, which isn't the softest riding car to begin with rides quite a bit rougher with the 350Z Tein S. Techs I have installed over broken surfaces. I'm more than comfortable with this type of ride and my passengers haven’t complained yet but the car definitely feels razor sharp which is what I care about.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
I'd go with Eibach or Tein. The degree of camber correction depends on the severity of the drop but in most cases you will need a camber kit and an alignment unless you want to go through tires more often due to uneven wear. The older gen springs will not work for the newer one because they are designed for different weights (spring rates, etc..). I also strongly recommend that you upgrade shocks (KYB or Koni) because you will expend the life of the factory shocks rapidly and your car will ride very poorly.

Good look on the answers and advice

Old 09-01-2009, 09:22 AM

941 posts, read 3,911,021 times
Did you get your mom's permission to slam her car first?

Old 09-01-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmsniffer View Post
Did you get your mom's permission to slam her car first?

LOL, that was funny. I gave you a rep point for that one!! Dude I may be young but my Honda is paid for with my money. I have been hooking up cars since I was 17, however this is my first import that I will be working on as I was strictly into hooking up old school American cars before. I figure why not be different and switch it up a tad ya know!

Old 09-01-2009, 08:17 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times
DONT USE THE SKUNK2 springs, I hear theyre awful. I prefer Eibach, Tein or Intrax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive