Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2009, 12:18 PM

1,422 posts, read 2,303,650 times

Advertisements

Made in Britain for just a few thousand pounds: The graphic road safety film that's taken the world by storm | Mail Online

Scroll down to watch film in full.

It is beyond me why there has not been a ban on texting/non "hands-free" cell phone use across the entire US.

The distraction levels involved are far worse than for those relating to drink and drug impairment.

I have never seen such atrocious driving habits as I have here in the US - people with animals on their laps, people almost asleep at the wheel, people texting, not indicating, I even saw some moron reading the fricking paper whilst doing 75 on the highway the other day

Unbelievable.

I travelled in a vehicle recently with someone who "doesn't like to wear a rear seatbelt because it's uncomfortable" - this was not some colossally obese person, far from it (not that anyone should have an excuse for not buckling up in EVERY seat)

I pointed out that in the event of a crash they would probably kill the person sat in front of them and in all likelihood would exit via the front windscreen.

Absolutely moronic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 12:21 PM

436 posts, read 908,264 times
You want to see bloody bad driving? come to LA, some of the worst drivers are all here.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:26 PM

1,422 posts, read 2,303,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTSIMMER View Post
You want to see bloody bad driving? come to LA, some of the worst drivers are all here.
They're all over the US.

I thought people drove badly in the UK but compared to here - sheesh.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:57 PM

2,168 posts, read 3,387,674 times
I can't count the number of times I've been driving down the interstate when I see somebody up ahead weaving in and out of the lane, only to pass them and find that they're trying to send a text.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive