Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 03:28 PM

107 posts, read 609,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
If I do not like my new ZR-1 cna I return it in 60 days and then buy another one and return that in 60 days for a Camaro and then a Malibu LTZ perhaps followed by an Avalanche or a Silverado?

Hey it is a free car program. Of course I will have to time the car selection so that I have a truck when I need one and 4WD for the winter. What a nice deal.
They will not let you to participate in the program if you have repurchased one eligible car. Only one car repurchase available per a household according to an agreement you'll have to sign when buying a car (details on www.gm.com)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 03:41 PM

15,440 posts, read 21,218,755 times
I thought "Cash for Clunkers" was a GM program.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:45 PM

2,324 posts, read 7,579,882 times
That is my tax money and yours that the government is using for the refunds. The government owns General Motors, not GM.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:53 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,643,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosevelt View Post
That is my tax money and yours that the government is using for the refunds. The government owns General Motors, not GM.

Then it behooves you to buy a GM car and so lookout for your investment.

Old 09-12-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Actually I did buy a GM car, the Saturn 3 door yellow special edition for $25,000 in 2001. I drove it one day and took it back under their full refund guarantee the next day. That car was noisy, rough riding, underpowered and the power steering did not work right, I could hardly turn the wheels in a tight corner or to park. They were very upset when I asked for my money back, especially since the day before they all lined up as I drove out of the show room singing a thank you song. What a crazy experience.

I promptly went to Chrysler because I had a friend that worked there and bought a two door red Sebring; $2,000 more for a real car that I have driven ever since with no trouble at all.

Last edited by roosevelt; 09-12-2009 at 04:19 PM..

Old 09-12-2009, 04:23 PM

15,440 posts, read 21,218,755 times
Quote:
If your reply was for me, I was just being sarcastic. I've driven GM cars and trucks for 41 years but no more. I happen to believe bureaucratically-designed vehicles is a really bad idea.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:23 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,476,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post

Not from my experience it only means you will be out more money.You would think they would instead give a 7 year bumoer to bumoper warranty to prove they have reained relibility.60 days is really nothing and I would read the fine print as stated.Almost lie saying we know we are reliable for 60 days and you'll like it for that long.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:16 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,208,509 times
Quote:
Actually I did buy a GM car, the Saturn 3 door yellow special edition for $25,000 in 2001. I drove it one day and took it back under their full refund guarantee the next day. That car was noisy, rough riding, underpowered and the power steering did not work right, I could hardly turn the wheels in a tight corner or to park. They were very upset when I asked for my money back, especially since the day before they all lined up as I drove out of the show room singing a thank you song. What a crazy experience.

I promptly went to Chrysler because I had a friend that worked there and bought a two door red Sebring; $2,000 more for a real car that I have driven ever since with no trouble at all.
Thats generally why people do a thorough test drive before buying a vehicle. You've had a Sebring since 2001 and never had a problem out of it? Do you only drive it 500 miles a year?

Old 09-12-2009, 07:58 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,841,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
Thats generally why people do a thorough test drive before buying a vehicle. You've had a Sebring since 2001 and never had a problem out of it? Do you only drive it 500 miles a year?
Maybe he got lucky, but damn I would feel more confident in a Saturn than a Chrysler. I guess by chance once in a blue moon Chrysler can make a vehicle that can a last a few years.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
I don't drive as much as many do but I have 80,000 miles on the car now. Maybe I just got a perfect car, maybe I drive very carefully. I have never had one single thing go wrong with the car. The AC is still ice cold, doesn't burn any oil, every electrical device works.

As for the Saturn, I just walked in and bought it, no test drive, my mistake but it looked so nice, the only yellow car on a lot that was a sea of bland colors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive