Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 02:09 PM

152 posts, read 648,728 times

Advertisements

1. Baby on Board stickers. Like that is going to change anyone's driving.

2. Honk if - whatever whatever bumper stickers.

3. The neon lighted license plate frames.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 03:58 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,257,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
People are too dumb to risk giving them more than two pedals on the floor. If someone manages to plow into a group of kids because they thought they were hitting the brakes imagine what they would do if they had another thing to step on.

As people continue to be too stupid to dim their lights because they won't have to their hand free to flip the switch, they might as well use their foot! The truth is there is far too many things in cars today. People too busy looking at their gps screen (which NEVER EVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN ALLOWED IN CARS), REMOTE CONTROLS FOR A CAR RADIO (WHAT DUMB### THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA?) are just 2 of the dumbest and unsafe things in factory equipment now. There are others, such as anytype of tv/computer/gps screen in the front or rear of a vehicle. If it was up to me, these unsafe items would not be allowed to even be sold.

Old 09-17-2009, 03:13 PM

811 posts, read 1,380,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
He also owned a Vega and the floor fell out from under his feet when he went over some railroad tracks. Seems it had rusted out under the carpet and finally gave up the ghost.
That happened to my 1971 Ford Pinto, too!

Old 09-17-2009, 06:06 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,140,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
REMOTE CONTROLS FOR A CAR RADIO (WHAT DUMB### THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA?)
You know, I used to think it was kind of a useless thing (won't argue with anyone that it's an unnecessary thing), but after putting in an aftermarket stereo in my daughter's car and it had one, I don't think it's so stupid any more. Changed my mind after driving her car and using it.

I'm a station-flipper, and at least in her car, which I'm not the most familiar with, it's easier, and I expect, safer with the remote. I could just sit there holding that little remote and when a station bored me, twitch my thumb and change the station, rather than having to lean forward, to my right, take my eyes off the road, probably several times, to hunt the right button to use. So to me, if I had that thing in my car, I probably would be using it all the time, especially since the pickup I usually drive has a radio not exactly located for easy reach...

Old 09-17-2009, 06:15 PM

13,715 posts, read 30,993,781 times
Carburetors.

Drum brakes.

I don't see how anyone can like vinyl roofs. They fall in the lipstick on a () category. I think vinyl roofs are analogous to leisure suits.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:21 PM

5,994 posts, read 19,878,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Carburetors.

Drum brakes.

I don't see how anyone can like vinyl roofs. They fall in the lipstick on a () category. I think vinyl roofs are analogous to leisure suits.
lol, I'm not a fan of vinyl roofs either but each of those items has their place. Carburetors came before fuel injection, drum brakes were developed prior to disk brakes and even vinyl was used on many older cars that had enormous chassis flex which in turn warped the roof. Cars today are much stiffer and don't have a real use for vinyl while fuel injection and disc brakes are here due to the inadequacies of their predecessors.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:55 PM

10,923 posts, read 21,868,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Carburetors.

Drum brakes.
I don't see how either of these are a trend, they were an evolution in design, I don't think we'd be where we are now without them.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:13 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,476,720 times
I think you got it with vinyl roofs.But poersoanlly everytiome I ride in one of my fiorends expensively restoired olod 50's cars ;I always think now nice modern cars ride and even drive in comparison.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:29 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,104,671 times
I really thought 2 tone paint looked great on the cars of the 50's.

( it was an added cost item if you ordered a new car )

Old 09-17-2009, 09:13 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,093,806 times
1. Stick on Buick fender holes
2. Spinner wheels
3. 20+ aftermarket wheels
4. Underbody/interior neon
5. Giant, aluminum wings
6. Curb feelers
7. Tire-flys
8. Lighted windshield washer squirters
9. "Powered by _____" stickers
10. Glitter tint
11. Giant Nike swoosh stickers
12. Having your family's name in big, bold, olde English lettering
13. Neon paint jobs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive