Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2009, 07:28 AM

15 posts, read 58,764 times

Advertisements

A detail shop called lightning wash and wax left a card on my car and I was wondering if any one has heard of them or give me any insight on them. I called them up and they seem to be great guys, very passionate about what they do. I couldnt get him to get off the phone. Their prices are very competitve with the searching i have done. Located in the chicagoland of Illinois.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 11:02 AM

3,071 posts, read 9,140,046 times
Never heard of them. Be sure to check the business licence and Ids. We dont need people putting cash in their pockets and not payin their taxes.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:31 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times
Makes NO difference where these people are located. Many trying to start a business or make some money will have cards or small flyers to place on windshields.

Question is are they listed in the phone book as a business or operating from a residence illegally.

Nothing wrong with being gung ho to do a job...most starting out are HUNGRY.

NO business address then SORRY I would pass.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:32 PM

25 posts, read 201,160 times
Sounds like someone trying to start their own business, they have a Craigslist listing: Western Chicagolands Priemer Detail Service (http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/aos/1408839087.html - broken link)

A friend of mine started out the same way, only he was doing cabinetry work. Most likely this person is unlicensed, does not have insurance, and does not plan on reporting any of this income on their taxes. If they were licensed and insured I would have expected them to indicate such on their flyer and Craigslist posting. If you consider using them, ask if they have any references or for more information about what their cleaning service is going to involve, what products they use, etc...

Old 10-14-2009, 08:02 AM

15 posts, read 58,764 times
I dug a little more into it and decided to give them a try and man did they do a great job! I was really impressed with there service. We talked before hand and they told me what they are doing. They are a couple of young 20's guys starting up their own shop and doing this on the side until they can get a shop. Like i said before great work i would deffenatly recommend them to any one. Very cool guys and very helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive