Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 08:22 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forournewlife View Post
No. Not even close. Try reading that again.

First off, who works at the Toyota dealerships in AMERICA? Who sells and services the Toyota's sold in America? Americans? Maybe?

I love Fords. I have a 66 Mustang coupe I have to get rid of to finish school and once I'm done I'm getting a 63 T-Bird project car.

Chevy keeps mechanics paid. They break so much and are so unreliable any mechanic can make a small fortune repairing them. Never said I work for Chevy, I'm in school to work for Toyota. I've seen Harley Davidson riders who work for Toyota/Honda dealerships.

Toyota has more American employees, build the most vehicles on American soil and use a higher percentage of parts originating in America than Ford or GM.

You think GM doesn't get Japanese parts? Take a good look at the Geo Prism. Looks remarkably like the Corolla, doesn't it? I wonder why that could be? And if you ever get a chance to look under the hood of one, tell me what parts it has in it.

Toyota dealerships in AMERICA employ AMERICANS and bring revenue to AMERICA when they sell or service these vehicles. One of these Americans may be YOUR neighbor.

Please stop being so ignorant. Yes, without the Big Three, America would be in a big bind, but don't worry. There are enough loyal customers who will still buy their cars, and hell, if all else fails, the gov't will print up some money to bail them out...

If the big three would take a little time and spend their money on a little more R&D they could make a car as reliable as they did back in the day; they could make a car that's fuel efficent and powerful at the same time that doesn't fall apart. Like Chris Rock said, it's amazing how we can send a man into space but can't keep a bumper on the back of an El Dorado.

!
Yes, while Toyota has several factories here and employ Americans, the profit goes to Toyota, who is headquartered in Japan. Ford builds some cars in Mexico, but do you think the profit goes to Mexico? No, it comes to Dearborn when all is said and done.

And many American companies (German included) have factories here, too, employing tons of Americans. The Japanese might use some American components in their vehicles, but not all of them. Many Toyotas you see running the streets are 100% Japanese (ie 4Runner, etc), so those people here who whine about the economy should slap themselves silly.

And the Geo Prizm? That was a rebodied Corolla, built in California next to the Corolla, hence the reason it has Toyota components.

And companies like Ford have made drastic improvements in quality while Nissan, Toyota, and Honda have gone downhill, and everyone knows this. I have driven Japanese cars for the last 10 years of my life, and Im done. They werent nearly as reliable as everyone thinks they are, and the parts are ridiculously expensive. After driving tinny, wheezy, underpowered, chintzy, Japanese cars/trucks, I just shake my head at myself and wonder what the heck was I thinking?!?!?! It felt to get into an American car again, like a breath of fresh air almost. Its just a shame that people like you wont give American car companies a try again. Go drive a new Ford and tell me that it isnt just as good, if not better, than any Japanese competitor! Just try!

So go ahead and drive Japanese cars all you want, thats your prerogative. But do yourself a favor and sit in a Camry or Accord, then go sit in a new Taurus or Fusion, you'd probably be surprised at how cheesy the Japanese cars feel in comparison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 09:59 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,692,145 times
The CRV is as good as the Rav so why not trade if you must at Honda? Money to burn go to a
private car dealer and sell at a loss. I have a Crv my second one which is now 8 years old. It is a great car got a battery and tires!
Then if Toyota will not take a civic, with you at a big loss? Why?

Old 10-28-2009, 09:09 AM

17 posts, read 68,713 times
Yep- Totally agree with MaggieKate (im ignoring the previous American Vs Japanese discussion completely). I did test drive a CRV and found it as good as RAV4 if not better. And the overall convinence of the deal is very alluring.
However, Ive gotten into a MUCH bigger problem now. Just this weekend, my car was hit by another drive from the back - his fault entirely....and it turns out his insurance has expired

Old 10-28-2009, 12:03 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
I don't thnik everbody knows that the big 3's vehiocles have gotten better while the japanese vehicles have gotten worse. Surveys and sales tell a completely different tale there.Basically thye big 3 have slide towareds bankrupsy based on their reputations for poorer qaulity.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:28 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,225,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forournewlife View Post

Chevy keeps mechanics paid. They break so much and are so unreliable any mechanic can make a small fortune repairing them. Never said I work for Chevy, I'm in school to work for Toyota. I've seen Harley Davidson riders who work for Toyota/Honda dealerships.

Toyota has more American employees, build the most vehicles on American soil and use a higher percentage of parts originating in America than Ford or GM.

If the big three would take a little time and spend their money on a little more R&D they could make a car as reliable as they did back in the day; they could make a car that's fuel efficent and powerful at the same time that doesn't fall apart. Like Chris Rock said, it's amazing how we can send a man into space but can't keep a bumper on the back of an El Dorado.
First off, Chevrolets keep mechanics paid? Thats just silly, Lumping all Chevrolets together as junk is just plain retarded. I've owned plenty of great GM products and so have many others. I've also owned some problematic Fords, Dodges and Yotas so I guess that means they're all junk. If Yotas are so great, why are you going to school to work on them? Won't work be a little slow, seems like a bad career move.

Second, Toyota does not employ more Americans nor do they build more vehicles in the U.S. then GM and Ford.

Third, what are you 18? Make vehicles as reliable as they did back in the day? Quality has gotten better with domestics, not worse. Many vehicles "back in the day" were manufactured to last 100,000 miles, thats it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive