Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 12:15 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times

Advertisements

This semi-regular column is written (in his own blood) by an automotive sage and noted malcontent, known as The Mechanic. Mercilessly beaten as a child with rolled-up back issues of old car magazines, our free-spoken hero developed a unique "for your own good" take on cars and the auto industry, along with an unfortunate habit of setting himself ablaze.

Read more: Straightline
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 12:39 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
This isn't "news" this is half-literate ranting. There's a huge difference.

So John, what's your take on the Corvette?

Old 10-17-2009, 12:42 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,863,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
This isn't "news" this is half-literate ranting. There's a huge difference.

So John, what's your take on the Corvette?
You were expecting better???

*These posts gone in 5...4....3....

Old 10-17-2009, 01:25 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,893,349 times
Dumb article.

Nothing can compete with the Corvette in the $50k price range. If you don't like it, buy something else. Must be great to make a living by writing your own opinions and having people pay for them.

Old 10-17-2009, 02:34 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,717,984 times
Hmm... my dad worked his butt off as a mid-income guy in his 20s and had a few corvettes in the '80s. However he certainly was never able to afford a new one! Garbage article that didn't even make sense.

Old 10-17-2009, 03:56 PM
NSX

877 posts, read 2,168,354 times
Wow, just wow. I feel dumber after just reading this "article".

I've enjoyed every minute of owning my Corvette Z06. It can be a daily driver to work and a monster at the track all in the same day. I've had zero mechanical problems with it, unlike the nightmare of a Porsche that I used to own.

So what if new-age hipster kids aspire to Infinitis and Audis nowadays? What the hell does that have to do with anything? That just makes me like my Corvette even more. I didn't buy my car to be "upscale" or for "status". I bought it to have a great looking and performing sports car that would kick the crap out of these garbage cans.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:01 PM

589 posts, read 7,646,915 times
Default Well, there goes about 3 minutes of my life that I'll never get back!

Didn't even bother reading the entire blurb...Got about two thirds of the way through it, couldn't take any more, rolled my eyes and closed out the window. Think I'll go look up a real piece of automotive journalism to read. (I'm sure that old Tom McCahill is rolling over in his grave right about now.)

Old 10-18-2009, 01:49 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,288,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX View Post
Wow, just wow. I feel dumber after just reading this "article".

I've enjoyed every minute of owning my Corvette Z06. It can be a daily driver to work and a monster at the track all in the same day. I've had zero mechanical problems with it, unlike the nightmare of a Porsche that I used to own.

So what if new-age hipster kids aspire to Infinitis and Audis nowadays? What the hell does that have to do with anything? That just makes me like my Corvette even more. I didn't buy my car to be "upscale" or for "status". I bought it to have a great looking and performing sports car that would kick the crap out of these garbage cans.

While I've never owned a Corvette, I know plenty who do and have. That seemed more like jealous rant, and sorry, I don't believe I made it half way thru! Guess real life experience with friends and their Vettes give me my opinion!

Old 10-18-2009, 08:57 AM

7,688 posts, read 29,154,335 times
I'm 26, belong to the generation he's talking about, and while he is correct that the younger set like Infiniti G37s and BMW M3s, the C6 is a hot seller. Or was before the economy took a dump at least.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:24 AM

782 posts, read 3,789,656 times
It's time for corvette to get a little radical. Chevy could've done better than add some fins on the fender. I thought the concept would've been good for the next gen. Chrome wheels on a Corvette, are you kidding me. Polish or silver or color match.

So many moons ago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive