Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 02:19 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,872,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
LOL i meant "lifers" the guys that talk crap about working there but never leave lol

I left when I was 20, had been ford certified since I was 17. I made 17.50/hr and averaged 60-70hrs a week, on a warranty-first team, where we did all warranty until it ran out and then started CP work. The one week I was sick a couple of days and didn't get all my R/Os finished before pay cut off, they refused to pay me the 40hr guarantee they offered and told me I hadn't worked enough hours to get it, I quit. You only get to screw with my check ONCE. I went to work driving a snap-on truck for my then current dealer LOL. Do-it yourself will still be possible for people like me, but for your average joe who works as a manager at best buy or pet supermarket, it probably will be very gone, very soon. With the advent of the internetz, I can research most things and have a good diagnosis based off my knowledge with a test light and a dvom. Most people cannot, and I recognize this. Good luck to henry homeowner when his ECM dies and he has to pay for a tow truck, pay for diagnostic and pay for replacement, and I can diagnose it in an hour in my driveway and buy one from vatozone and be done in less than a couple hours time.
I hear you. I tried that dealer routine for a while. Never again will I work flat rate. I like to know ahead of time what I'm bringing home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 08:41 PM

1,440 posts, read 4,417,044 times
$150.95 from a Dodge dealer for a new one. I'll certainly try to better that price. But what can one do, it's a reliable little beast and a solid friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive