Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 09:38 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,717,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinessdanika99 View Post
I heard by joining this board that it tends to be center right and most of the people who are members are not that educated. After reading all of these posts and responses, they are correct, you Americans just do not get it, and obviously driving those big cars are to fulfill your ego and destroy the environment. It is so disgusting to see a big overweight women driving those cars. People driving those big cars without any valid reason will get it soon enough.

Your gravely misinformed judging by everything you have spewed thus far. Like those you choose to persecute and ridicule, you fail to see your own meaningless conjecture.

Whats your education? I am eager to know. So far its fairly clear that you have none of any importance. In the event that my assumption is incorrect, then I would have to say that the education you potentially have does not deal with any hard facts.

Maybe you shouldn't worry American culture, because you won't change anything. All your going to do is make yourself upset with all the whining your doing... something that is grossly typical of "the left".

While your sulking and whining... study these, it will make you even more distraught. Have fun!

How 16 ships create as much pollution as all the cars in the world | Mail Online

TOXIC: Linfen, China - Toxic | VBS.TV

Sprol » The Real Norilsk (http://www.sprol.com/2005/06/norilsk/ - broken link)

Top 10 World's Most Polluted Places - Number One Make Money Online Malaysia Blog (http://www.blogtactic.com/2009/04/top-10-worlds-most-polluted-places.html - broken link)

Your pissing and moaning is quite futile and totally misguided little "Princess".

Old 12-05-2009, 09:49 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prinessdanika99 View Post
Most people from other countries do not understand your prerogative on driving these big pick up trucks and huge SUV's. I ponder why small women go inside and drive these big vehicles, when obviously it does not fit there needs. Are most Americans that ignorant, because I just can not think of any reason why other then to fulfill there insecure ego.
Yeah, I can see myself towing my boat and picking up wood at Lowes, Home Depot and Menards in a Honda? Besides when I step on the gas I don't want it to be like stepping on a wet marshmallow!LOL...... Got ya there! Rugged

Old 12-05-2009, 10:07 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
Same with big (in size and power) inefficient American cars, they meet the needs/wants of the buyer.
Big doesn't necessarily mean inefficient. My '95 Lincoln Town Car is quite big, yet averages around 20 mpg, even more if it's mostly highway driving. About the same as some compact, V-6 cars.

Old 12-05-2009, 10:16 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Big doesn't necessarily mean inefficient. My '95 Lincoln Town Car is quite big, yet averages around 20 mpg, even more if it's mostly highway driving. About the same as some compact, V-6 cars.
Good point. As for myself, I drive a 6000lb pickup that gets 19mpg average and 23 on the highway. Inefficient my ass.

Old 12-05-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Good point. As for myself, I drive a 6000lb pickup that gets 19mpg average and 23 on the highway. Inefficient my ass.
That is better mileage than many SUVs which weigh a lot less!

Last edited by Fleet; 12-05-2009 at 10:46 PM..

Old 12-05-2009, 10:34 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,040,361 times
OK, how about comparatively inefficient. It was not meant as a dig, all internal combustion engines (and electrics too, if they charge on the grid) are inefficient from a physics stand point.

Old 12-05-2009, 10:37 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Your gravely misinformed judging by everything you have spewed thus far. Like those you choose to persecute and ridicule, you fail to see your own meaningless conjecture.

Whats your education? I am eager to know. So far its fairly clear that you have none of any importance. In the event that my assumption is incorrect, then I would have to say that the education you potentially have does not deal with any hard facts.

Maybe you shouldn't worry American culture, because you won't change anything. All your going to do is make yourself upset with all the whining your doing... something that is grossly typical of "the left".

While your sulking and whining... study these, it will make you even more distraught. Have fun!

How 16 ships create as much pollution as all the cars in the world | Mail Online

TOXIC: Linfen, China - Toxic | VBS.TV

Sprol » The Real Norilsk (http://www.sprol.com/2005/06/norilsk/ - broken link)

Top 10 World's Most Polluted Places - Number One Make Money Online Malaysia Blog (http://www.blogtactic.com/2009/04/top-10-worlds-most-polluted-places.html - broken link)

Your pissing and moaning is quite futile and totally misguided little "Princess".
I think its disgussing to see those foreigner in those coffins they call cars myself. I do notice that any of the rich like large Rovers and other big sedans and sports car that comsume gasoline likde few others. They just have the ignorant poor think they are in style driving those cubes. They keep the peasants inline every well still; by selling politcally correct buying.Of course they make sure only the elite that can afford to drive decent cars of their choice.

Old 12-05-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
OK, how about comparatively inefficient. It was not meant as a dig, all internal combustion engines (and electrics too, if they charge on the grid) are inefficient from a physics stand point.
Well, you did single out "big inefficient American cars." What about "big inefficient European cars?" Like a Rolls-Royce or Maybach?

Or small, inefficient sports cars like some Ferraris or Lamborghinis which only give 9-11 mpg?

Old 12-05-2009, 10:54 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,360,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Well, you did single out "big inefficient American cars." What about "big inefficient European cars?" Like a Rolls-Royce or Maybach?

Or small, inefficient sports cars like some Ferraris or Lamborghinis which only give 9-11 mpg?
Heck, it don't have to be Rolls or Maybach. BMW sells a diesel car which gets only 35 mpg, which is abhorrent for a diesel.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:01 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,040,361 times
Well, you are right, 'American' was unnecessary for the point I was trying to make, which seems to have been lost by the hyper-sensitive folks here.

My point was that folks should buy and enjoy what they want to drive.

Argue with that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive