Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 06:57 PM

1,763 posts, read 7,332,123 times

Advertisements

Jalopnik's Best10 Cars Of The Decade

Popular auto blog lists 10 solid rides (many of them reasonable, so it's not some "dream garage" list of cars that you're unable to attain or scared to drive for fear of getting a scratch)

Just sharing. Pretty good choices IMHO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 06:06 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,167,740 times
i love how they talk about the G8 GXP being Detroit-this a D-town-that. Uh, it's actually a Holden, an Australian car.

pretty good list IMO, though i would have given the nod to the WRX over the Evo only because it really was the vehicle that sparked the US' interest in AWD turbo 4-bangers.

Mike

Old 12-16-2009, 06:12 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,713,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyslo View Post
i love how they talk about the G8 GXP being Detroit-this a D-town-that. Uh, it's actually a Holden, an Australian car.
Mike
Your probably one of those people who also thinks a Camry is an American car yet its designed over in Tokyo.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:24 AM

1,763 posts, read 7,332,123 times
Yeah, I found it rather odd the WRX was not picked over the Evo. I'm biased having owned (and loved) the first US Model (bug eyes and "you shouldn't launch like that" transmission"). However, the Evo is a monster, so it gets the props.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:30 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,167,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Your probably one of those people who also thinks a Camry is an American car yet its designed over in Tokyo.
First of all, it's 'You're'

Second, who thinks the Camry is an American car? My argument was to these specific lines in the article:

'The G8 GXP was ....... nothing less than the most compelling sport sedan to ever come out of Detroit'

'It was fantastic ....... it was fun, it was D-Town incarnate, and we miss it.'

Those lines imply that the car was designed, if not built, in Detroit. It's not. Yes, I'm aware of the powertrain is sourced from the US, but that's about it. The car itself is (was) manufactured at Holden's plant in Elizabeth, S. Australia. It was designed by Holden. It's Australian, not American.

Third, why does every friggin' thread on this site turn sour in about 3 posts? I swear, you could start a thread asking 'how's the weather?' and within the first few posts people would be getting snarky with one another. How about we just have a nice conversation among car enthusiasts for once, hmmm?

Mike

Last edited by whiteboyslo; 12-16-2009 at 06:45 AM..

Old 12-16-2009, 10:13 AM

1,742 posts, read 6,136,769 times
Damn why'd you have to bring up the weather? It's cold and windy out right now.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:39 AM

4,500 posts, read 12,337,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Continental View Post
Damn why'd you have to bring up the weather? It's cold and windy out right now.
Wow, you must be one of those people who think that just bc it's cold and windy, it comes from the north pole, while often times it's from the east. Damn your stoopid!

Old 12-16-2009, 10:48 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,159,468 times
Not a bad list. I think the M coupe is too uncommon to include. It just isn't that special to me. It is ugly too.

The Raptor is interesting but a bit new to include in this list. I've seen one at a dealer but never on the road (even here in Texas).

Old 01-05-2010, 06:01 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,012,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyslo View Post
First of all, it's 'You're'

Second, who thinks the Camry is an American car? My argument was to these specific lines in the article:

'The G8 GXP was ....... nothing less than the most compelling sport sedan to ever come out of Detroit'

'It was fantastic ....... it was fun, it was D-Town incarnate, and we miss it.'

Those lines imply that the car was designed, if not built, in Detroit. It's not. Yes, I'm aware of the powertrain is sourced from the US, but that's about it. The car itself is (was) manufactured at Holden's plant in Elizabeth, S. Australia. It was designed by Holden. It's Australian, not American.

Third, why does every friggin' thread on this site turn sour in about 3 posts? I swear, you could start a thread asking 'how's the weather?' and within the first few posts people would be getting snarky with one another. How about we just have a nice conversation among car enthusiasts for once, hmmm?

Mike
True.

I used to drive by the dock in Port Adelaide and laugh at the rebadged Holden Commodores. The v6 engine is from Mexico (I looked at one). Not sure where the v8 engines (there are 2) are sourced. At least in Oz, Commodores are well suited for the rough environment.. to bad they are RIP with the demise of Pontiac.. if I had stayed in Oz I would have gotten a Holden Ute..

Old 01-05-2010, 06:11 PM

164 posts, read 984,363 times
I think my Acura NSX is far more suitable for that list than the corvette.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive