Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 02:42 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,423,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
With the problems that have been popping up on Toyotas lately... I would say yes indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
Hit list is right. Seems like once a Japanese automaker has a problem the entire line-up becomes "junk."
But GM and Chrysler can do no wrong...recall after bloody recall. It's the typical American mindset.

Regardless of what some bandwagon haters want to say, the truth is Toyota and Honda are still better cars. A few recalls and bad press aren't enough to make them worse than GM, Ford and Chrysler. Toyota still has less issues than its domestic counterparts. We all know that. Get off your soap boxes, during your few minutes of glory.

Read this article, relax. I saw too many Toyotas and Hondas on the road today. It says more than what some news article is trying to sensationalize. Get over yourselves.

Relatively few complain about Toyota- Yahoo! Autos Article Page
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2010, 06:14 PM

1,710 posts, read 4,133,835 times
No. They screwed the American people too long, they denied problems, and they panhandled the taxpayers out of billions of dollars. They got themselves in a mess, and expect us to get them out. Now the governement and UAW are runnig things there. They are the only entities more corrupt than the former GM management.

Other badly run companies that lost interest in their customers are no longer with us. GM should have ceased to exist. They did it to themselves.

Old 02-14-2010, 06:20 PM

3,306 posts, read 12,222,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outafocus View Post
No. They screwed the American people too long, they denied problems, and they panhandled the taxpayers out of billions of dollars. They got themselves in a mess, and expect us to get them out. Now the governement and UAW are runnig things there. They are the only entities more corrupt than the former GM management.

Other badly run companies that lost interest in their customers are no longer with us. GM should have ceased to exist. They did it to themselves.
A lot of doom and gloom for a company that is consistently making it's way to the top again.

Frankly, it sounds like GM is giving it's hater crowd a real sour note. Ford is mowing down competition and GM is following up behind right in it's wake.

Old 02-14-2010, 06:50 PM

122 posts, read 372,706 times
I currenty own a 2004 Toyota Tundra. Very happy with this vehicle. READ MY STORY!!
I was ALWAYS a GM owner and still own a 1975 Pontiac Grandville convertible.
The last GMC pickup I owned was a '99 GMC, "Shaker-rado". Yeah, it was a long time ago.....
But, guess what. The General did not stand behind their product. After all my years of my family and myself being completely dedicated GM owners from Chevy, Pontiac and Oldmoblle owners, GM in reascent years did NOT stand behind their products. My last truck, a '99 GMC "Shaker-adro" that GM would not fix after many "visits/recalls/issues" to the dealer. GM tried but still did not make this vehicle right even after arbitration, GM would still not make this vehicle right. I always loved all of my and my families GM vehicles. This one soured me to GM because of the way I was treated by GM, because of how my complaint was handled by GM. Their attitude was "This is the "attitude" of this new truck. SORRY, The '97 "Cadillac" GMC SLE I traded in for the '99 POS was the down fall of GM and I expressed it to the abritation calls back then. It did not matter. When I traded that POS for my first Ford, then the arbitration line was perked to attention. GEE!!!!!! TOOOO LATE!!!!!

Old 02-14-2010, 07:01 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,040,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post
A lot of doom and gloom for a company that is consistently making it's way to the top again.

Frankly, it sounds like GM is giving it's hater crowd a real sour note. Ford is mowing down competition and GM is following up behind right in it's wake.
With what! GM is a floundering giant that is spending more energy on ads to dupe customers than actually making decent vehicles...

Now, the comeback from GM apologists will be recent statistics of initial quality and what not, but I, for one will wait and see.

IMO GM has not produced decent vehicles for 35 + years, with the exception of a few.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:10 PM

1,710 posts, read 4,133,835 times
I had the same problems with Chrysler, jksa09! My brand new 1990 Plymouth Acclaim LX gave trouble LITERALLY from day one. The dealers and zone representatives continuously blew me off.

I have had my 1993 Nissan pickup for 17 years. besides tires and batteries, it has only cost me $200 in repairs! It has caused less problems in 17 years than my Plymouth caused me in it's first month!

The worst Japanese car I ever owned was better than the best Detroit make, and I have always been treated like a valued customer bt the Japanese dealerships.

EVEN IF the Detroit 3 started building good cars, I would NEVER go back to them.

Forty years of denial, substandard garbage, bad customer service, and bad business practices from the boardroom to the dealerships have put Detroit 3 dealerships off limits to me forever.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:51 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
I've already shown in another thread that Asian makes have just as many if not more recalls than Domestic makes. Typical Asian car buyer mindset .
Sorry but domestics own the record for most recalls total and most recalls for a single vehicle.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:59 PM

436 posts, read 908,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
With the problems that have been popping up on Toyotas lately... I would say yes indeed.
Yeah you couldn't pay me enough to buy a Toyota, I would be worried about what would fail next.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:14 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outafocus View Post
I had the same problems with Chrysler, jksa09! My brand new 1990 Plymouth Acclaim LX gave trouble LITERALLY from day one. The dealers and zone representatives continuously blew me off.

I have had my 1993 Nissan pickup for 17 years. besides tires and batteries, it has only cost me $200 in repairs! It has caused less problems in 17 years than my Plymouth caused me in it's first month!

The worst Japanese car I ever owned was better than the best Detroit make, and I have always been treated like a valued customer bt the Japanese dealerships.

EVEN IF the Detroit 3 started building good cars, I would NEVER go back to them.

Forty years of denial, substandard garbage, bad customer service, and bad business practices from the boardroom to the dealerships have put Detroit 3 dealerships off limits to me forever.
Same here, my 87 dodge and my wifes 97 GM are what cured me of Domestics. that and my 90 Nissan hardbody pickup that I had for 15 years with no problems. i would have bought a Frontier but I liked the Tacomas better.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:21 PM

436 posts, read 908,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Same here, my 87 dodge and my wifes 97 GM are what cured me of Domestics. that and my 90 Nissan hardbody pickup that I had for 15 years with no problems. i would have bought a Frontier but I liked the Tacomas better.
I think it depends on the dealership, some are just horrible, where my Chevy dealer has been nothing but great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive