Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2009, 06:49 AM

195 posts, read 293,799 times

Advertisements

I made $225 during the last five days looking at automobiles, rating them on a hand held computer and then talking about them a few days later in a Market Research Focus Group.

It all started earlier last week when I saw an advertisement on Craigslist looking for people who wanted to participate in a market research study about automobiles. The ad asked me to send my name, email address, age, and the name and year of my primary car via email to a market research company.

I showed the ad to some friends and they said it was likely some type of hoax or con and to not bother. But luckily, I ignored them and sent my information in. A day later I got an email asking me to call a telephone number for more screening. I called and was accepted to participate.

The man on the phone told me I would make $125 in cash if I showed up at the Dulles Expo Center in Virginia at a certain time and date and devote about two hours looking at automobiles. Arriving at the event I was given a hand held computer and told to follow its directions and look at 6 different Small SUV's and rate them in a variety of ways. These SUV's were all prototypes of a 2012 model from a variety of car companies. It was a fast easy and fun way to make $125.

When I finished up they told me I could return in a couple days and participate in a formal Market Research Focus Group about one of the SUV's in the study. I attended that event and had a good time talking about automobiles with a group of six other men and a professional market research expert who acted as facilitator. At the end of the two hour session, I was given a $100 Bill.

$225 for looking and talking about automobiles! How can I do this again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 09:24 AM

Default Yes, I made money talking about automobiles!

No replies yet?

You would think that people who love talking about cars and trucks on a Internet Bulletin Board would love to be paid to talk about automobiles!

Old 12-23-2009, 11:35 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
the problem is I would ask for a car like the 08 -2010 dodge challenger SRT8 with a 6.1 hemi that gets 700HP but can get 30mpg city and 40mpg hwy I would also say interior would have to be better quality than a BMW 5 series and the car would have to have a 10 year bumper to bumper warranty and last 20-30 years with out falling apart and sell for about $30K.
if they made that type of car I would but it right now

Old 12-23-2009, 11:58 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,287,859 times
Consider your self lucky. Most consumers are never asked.

As a fleet manager, I get asked a couple times a year. Sometimes I go and sometimes I don't depending on the schedule.

Old 12-23-2009, 02:44 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
I have done it. However I would not say that I made money. I could have made a lot more by working during that time, so I guess I really lost money. I just wanted to do it.

Old 12-24-2009, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
I have done it. However I would not say that I made money. I could have made a lot more by working during that time, so I guess I really lost money. I just wanted to do it.
It was done after work hours in a time I would have just been sitting down and watching television, so I count it as mad money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive