Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 06:12 PM

664 posts, read 2,092,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
I think the real jeep would have a basis for a lawsuit cause it looks like they stole their design so it would not fly here in north america plus a real jeep would be alot better to buy and own then it's cheap knock off version
Actually not, Mahindra has rights to produce the vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbollo View Post
The current set of jeeps are a sad insult to what Jeep was before Diamler-Chrysler formed their unholy union. The Indian version couldn't be any worse. The last decent Jeep was the Cherokee from the late 80s.
I think the old school style and new drivetrain may wouldn't be bad.

Besides, Mahindra isn't a new car company they have been around for quite awhile just not here.

Mitsubishi also built Jeeps..

Here is a good site showing the variations of Jeeps built around the world...
Jeeps Around the World on The CJ3B Page

Sorry for the thread hi jack..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 04:19 PM

How about those Mahindra trucks in the US?

Hope you aren't holding your breath for one of these...

Old 08-12-2011, 04:25 PM

2,182 posts, read 5,435,595 times
This was totally worthy of a 2 year necro, good call

Old 08-12-2011, 06:02 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,131,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prerunner1982 View Post
How about those Mahindra trucks in the US?

Hope you aren't holding your breath for one of these...
They're going through the EPA certification process right now, a substantial expense they wouldn't bother with unless they were well on their way to brining them here. The automotive rumor mill has it that the initial certified mileage rating was well below what they were expecting so they're working on tweaks to get the rating up.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:55 PM

1,955 posts, read 10,978,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
They're going through the EPA certification process right now, a substantial expense they wouldn't bother with unless they were well on their way to brining them here. The automotive rumor mill has it that the initial certified mileage rating was well below what they were expecting so they're working on tweaks to get the rating up.
I thought they went through that process already, and that it was the lawsuits that were tying them up.

As for the fuel economy ... 19/21.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narfcake View Post
I thought they went through that process already, and that it was the lawsuits that were tying them up.
This is my understanding as well...

Old 08-15-2011, 11:20 AM

874 posts, read 2,874,255 times
The following is the most recent article I was able to find about this truck. The lawsuits between Mahindra and Global Industries Inc. are apparently the only thing holding the truck back from being sold in the U.S. I personally do not believe I would not buy one due to the fact that it gets 19/21. There are small gasoline powered pick ups that get the same or better fuel mileage and being that diesel fuel is more expensive than gasoline there is really no reason for it. The only upside would be if it turns out to be a really good diesel that one can get 300,000 or more miles out of.

Auto Trends Magazine » Mahindra Dilemma a Lesson in Dashed Expectations

Old 08-15-2011, 12:08 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,665,285 times
The parent organization of the company I work for is a major dealer conglomerate and they were in on the Mahindra bandwagon and are one of the ~350 dealers waiting for the lawsuit to clear up to find out what the status will be.

In the meantime it really seems like Mahindra screwed the pooch so to speak. They outright purchased Ssangyong, a Korean SUV maker that was going into bankruptcy. Ssangyong then turned around and announced plans to enter the US market in the next 3-5 years. So, it would appear that Mahindra found an alternate to using Global Vehicles and the dealer network they put together.

The only thing I have heard is that the dealers that were involved are IMMENSELY disappointed at the MPG rating the truck got. Since the small truck market is pretty much dead, a compact diesel pickup getting ~30 MPG and offering 5,000 pound towing and 2,750 payload would have been a nice addition to that segment. They were also planning to offer a 4 year / 60k mile bumper-to-bumper warranty that would have helped alleviate a lot of fears.

At this point, I think most people involved, except for Global Vehicles, hopes this doesn't happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive