Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 09:23 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times

Advertisements

I detest people who hog the middle lane of a three lane highway. That, for some reason really chaps my cheekies.
Another one is when you are overtaking someone on the autobahn and an 8 series BMW comes flying up your butt flashing their lights (illegal btw), when you are side by side with the other car on your right. You can only go forward and the numb nut behind you is riding your rear like their life depended on it. Which is kind of ironic since I am going 155km.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 09:25 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
One way streets with wrong way drivers!

Old 05-24-2007, 12:40 AM

428 posts, read 2,439,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukester2 View Post
I love the people that get right up on your bumper and act totally disgusted with you when you are in a line of traffic and can't go any faster than you are already going.
dukester......you weren't in the left lane, were you?

I get really freaked out when people stop at the bottom of the on-ramp because they're too stupid to merge into 40 mph traffic.

I must confess of something now. We were traveling in Idaho over a mountain pass with alternating one and two lanes for passing and such. Rather than pass our little Honda, a woman in a very large pickup chose to buttride us uphill and down, one lane or two. She really didn't like it when we got to the Reduced Speed one lane with cones so NO passing, and I set the cruise for 5 under the limit. I think she finally got the hint.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:30 AM

926 posts, read 1,460,005 times
Quote:
dukester......you weren't in the left lane, were you?
Yep, I was in the left lane, hunched way over the steering wheel, gazing forward and my left turn signal had been on for 20 miles.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:08 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhs119 View Post
when there is a long line of slow moving traffic--as there often is around here--and a car cuts out of line to go ? Where?--and then has to work its way back into the same line.

That is relatively minor--most drivers seem to believe they 'Own the Road'.

It would be a 'Great Day' for me if such drivers were apprehended and forced to simply 'Wait' and Be Courteous. My fantasy. I think many would absolutely self-destruct. Which would not be a bad thing...

sls
Dont you love that??? Also, when they know the lane is gonna end 2 miles back but continue on in it until the VERY END OF IT! I never let them in. I just let them sit there... let someone behind me let them in....not me, not gonna do it... crazy people

Old 05-24-2007, 05:10 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
I love the 70 (ish) year old lady who drives the Red 2500 Pickup and dosent stop knor look left or right and nearly hit me two times in one day on my motorcycle.
Brian H are you that motorcycle guy that drives inbetween the traffic? Tell me you aren't....oh please, not you!

Old 05-24-2007, 05:19 AM

75 posts, read 278,552 times
1. When the snowbirds move into Scottsdale for the winter, you have the 80 year old gramma sitting in the MIDDLE of the intersection trying to figure out how to make her cell phone work.. and.

2. Fast lane driver who gets a phone call, answers and suddenly cant go any faster than 40.
My road rage:
Just to be mean, I went around one of these people pulling the "fast lane slow down, got a phone call" when I got in front of him.. I slammed on my brakes, just for a split second. he freaked. I think he got the msg.
Probably was not the smartest thing for me to do, but you know, enough is enough. I wish they would give tickets to people talking on phones while driving.

Old 05-24-2007, 06:28 AM

592 posts, read 2,809,195 times
Default Entrance ramps...

The biggest one for me are the folks that don't know the function of an entrance ramp...PLEASE share with friends, family, etc., that entrance ramps are designed to increase your vehicle speed to that which is the legal speed of the highway you are entering!

Old 05-24-2007, 08:50 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,528,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaneyland View Post
The biggest one for me are the folks that don't know the function of an entrance ramp...PLEASE share with friends, family, etc., that entrance ramps are designed to increase your vehicle speed to that which is the legal speed of the highway you are entering!
And while you are doing that, looking in the mirror to plan your merge with the least amount of disruption to the flow of traffic...

Old 05-24-2007, 09:15 AM

2,724 posts, read 6,422,284 times
Oh don't get me started! Two lane road with shoulder and the vehicle in front of you is turning left. You ease beside them and while there is a break in oncoming traffic,they suddenly jerk the wheel to the RIGHT to make their left turn. One would assume the person in front of you is driving a semi with a 50 foot trailer behind them-low and behold you realize they are driving a compact car!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive