Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 03:56 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
Like I said, to each his own...

If I ever get rich (I am already successful) those boats are the last thing I would buy. A 60s muscle car yes, as likely a vintage Jaguar to go with my Triumph. I am not so old and out of shape that any car gives me a back ache.
A big, luxury car is the first thing many people buy when they are successful. For example, Elvis bought Cadillacs and John Lennon bought a Rolls-Royce. I've got news for you... those little, cramped cars can cause backaches even to those under 40 years old.

Quote:
{And I only watch Faux News to get a laugh out of the morons on that show}
I've not heard of that station but your going WAY off topic anyway. Try to stick with the subject. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 04:02 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,038,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
A big, luxury car is the first thing many people buy when they are successful. For example, Elvis bought Cadillacs and John Lennon bought a Rolls-Royce. I've got news for you... those little, cramped cars can cause backaches even to those under 40 years old.
Again, to each his own.

I am over fifty, love small cars, since I am in good shape I have no problems.

I will leave the floaty boats to drug addicts like Elvis.

Now, a Rolls would be OK, but I would still drive the fun cars WAY more often.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
I've not heard of that station but your going WAY off topic anyway. Try to stick with the subject. Thanks.
The reason I threw that in there, is just like Fox News, you seem to leave no room for any other opinion.

You like big cars, fine.

I like small ones, but you continue to bash my opinion.

Just like Faux News.

I'm done.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
The reason I threw that in there, is just like Fox News, you seem to leave no room for any other opinion.

You like big cars, fine.

I like small ones, but you continue to bash my opinion.

Just like Faux News.

I'm done.
You forget... I also like muscle cars, which aren't big.

I still haven't heard of that station so I'm done, too. I have heard of Fox News which leaves room for many, many opinions as these hosts or frequent guests shows:
- Juan Williams
- Geraldo Rivera
- Susan Estrich
- Geraldine Ferraro
- Harold Ford Jr.
- Alan Colmes
- Lis Wiehl
- Bob Beckel
- Ellen Ratner
- Ellis Henican
- Al Sharpton
- Mara Liasson
- Mort Kondracke

Old 01-18-2010, 04:23 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Fleet,

I am in no way attacking you, but I am perplexed here. Your title says:

"Fox News Rules"

However, you claim you never heard of them. That is like me claiming I have never drank alcohol before. Look at my username and you will see the irony.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Fleet,

I am in no way attacking you, but I am perplexed here. Your title says:

"Fox News Rules"

However, you claim you never heard of them. That is like me claiming I have never drank alcohol before. Look at my username and you will see the irony.
I thought you would have understood...
I have heard of Fox News; I choose to ignore those who use that wornout, silly phrase which some people use who can't accept the fact that there is a non left-leaning news station.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:34 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
I thought you would have understood...
I have heard of Fox News; I choose to ignore those who use that wornout, silly phrase which some people use who can't accept the fact that there is a non left-leaning news station.
Ok, I understand now.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Ok, I understand now.
Good, I'm glad you understand.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:52 PM

Old 01-19-2010, 02:51 AM

4,237 posts, read 24,771,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
Same point I am making. I remember back in the mid 70's the same conversation could be heard about cars of the 60's. They said that todays cars(the cars of the mid 70's) will never be worth anything and never be classics like the cars of the 60's were. Guess what, they were wrong. Just like those who think todays cars won't be classics of the future. Everything will become classic someday simply because things change and todays cars will be very different from what will be had in the future.
If todays cars will be worth anything in the future, it will be very little.

The only reason why 1970's automobiles are worth so much now is because the ever increasing prices of 1964-1972 muscle cars have driven the price of everything else up.

Also I believe any car that is RWD will excel in value before FWD. I believe because they're now looked at as alternative hot rods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive