Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 12:01 AM

5,007 posts, read 15,421,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploopy View Post
i don't quite understand how to read that chart? is more blue good, bad, or what? lots of blue all over the place

EDIT: is "high" blue good or bad?

He posted Google search histories, which is actually pretty irrelevant to his ridiculous claim, but the higher the bars on the graph, the more searches there are for the search string entered.

Notice how much higher it for Honda than for Nissan, and also note he cut off Toyota before recent events that would drive the results up even higher.

But all it is is searches on Google, not actual data. It's completely irrelevant to his ridiculous claim, and even if it were somehow proof of something, it rebuts his claim.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:17 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,677,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
I don't need to, I'm not the one making a claim that is patently ridiculous and counter to the mainstream.

You are, therefore it's your claim to prove, not mine to disprove.

Try posting some real evidence, not just Google search histories.
Ya got nothing so yer tryin' the throw the ball back in my court. News for Ya...it aint' gonna work.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:34 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,871,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
If you don't like my data provide some to back up what you're claiming.......if you can.
If he can't, I can.

I have an '07 Altima with 70,000 miles and absolutely no problems. Also I worked turning wrenches in a Nissan dealer service dept. for 5 years.

The main reason I bought the Altima was because of the repair history of Nissans. You can copy and paste your little graphs all day long but the only thing that means is you know how to type and use Google.

How many years do you have working on Nissans and how many have you driven or owned?

Old 01-18-2010, 01:15 PM

867 posts, read 2,139,610 times
stay away from toyota

Old 01-18-2010, 01:58 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,421,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
If he can't, I can.

I have an '07 Altima with 70,000 miles and absolutely no problems. Also I worked turning wrenches in a Nissan dealer service dept. for 5 years.

The main reason I bought the Altima was because of the repair history of Nissans. You can copy and paste your little graphs all day long but the only thing that means is you know how to type and use Google.

How many years do you have working on Nissans and how many have you driven or owned?

We just bought another Nissan due to our excellent experiences so far with them, and how great Nissan has been.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
If he can't, I can.

There is no call to get terse here. I , like everyone else, use the data I have which , in this case, isn't hands on like yours claims to be.

My data , other than what was posted, tells me that Nissan has quality issues that Toyota and Honda don't have...yet.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
We just bought another Nissan due to our excellent experiences so far with them, and how great Nissan has been.
One can gather that your response is based on your personal choice of Nissan and not data of the brand overtime.

That said, just because you chose to buy a Nissan doesn't mean that I was attacking your choice of vehicle at all. All it means is I can't/won't recommend that brand of vehicle and that at all.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:22 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,476,584 times
If you have a good trustworthy mechanic you should try to buy a car from a private owner. Look on craigslist and in your local paper. If you like it have your mechanic inspect it. Dealers are there for one reason, to make a buck. Usually private owners are just try to get the pay off.
Always a catch either way, but that's the only advice I can give. You can rarely go wrong with Honda but every brand will have a lemon here or there, Toyota is good and our family always had great luck with them, but lately alot of rumors of a decline in overall quality. Nissan, no problem with them besides that hideous Cube.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:39 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,273,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
Always a catch either way, but that's the only advice I can give. You can rarely go wrong with Honda but every brand will have a lemon here or there, Toyota is good and our family always had great luck with them, but lately alot of rumors of a decline in overall quality. Nissan, no problem with them besides that hideous Cube.
The more miles that a used car has, the less critical the brand and the MORE critical is the condition of the vehicle. If a car appears (to my mechanic) in GREAT shape AND I can look at the service records, the more likely I will buy it.

I have seen more than a couple of Toyotas and Hondas that were run into the ground prior to 100k and for which the private party wanted a king's ransom.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:34 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,871,001 times
Quote:
If you don't like my data provide some to back up what you're claiming.......if you can.
Quote:
Ya got nothing so yer tryin' the throw the ball back in my court. News for Ya...it aint' gonna work.
Quote:
There is no call to get terse here. I , like everyone else, use the data I have which , in this case, isn't hands on like yours claims to be.

My data , other than what was posted, tells me that Nissan has quality issues that Toyota and Honda don't have...yet.
You run your mouth about something you have no firsthand knowledge of, then warn me about getting "terse" with you. That's a good one

My last question "How many years do you have working on Nissans and how many have you driven or owned?" was to find out if you actually knew what you were talking about. Guess not.

Do you even know what terse means?
adj. ters·er, ters·est
Brief and to the point; effectively concise
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive