Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 01:08 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,664,764 times

Advertisements

[quote=TheViking85;12515121]Mans desire to go fast will never be curbed, no matter what hinders they put in the way./quote]

And said man will not be driving a Prius - unless he has heavily modded it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 01:22 PM

20,324 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
And the reason why you need to go fast and break the law?
I don't know about lawbreaking but rapid acceleration and high speed driving is fun.

Even running my heavy, 4x4 F250 at the strip was quite enjoyable.

It's a guy thing I guess.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:33 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
"In the future, the anti-fun police will ensure that cars won't go fast, they'll just look fast. Comrades, we give you the Toyota Prius Custom Plus Concept".......

A Toyota Prius With Lamborghini Styling Provides Sad Glimpse At Future - Toyota Prius - Jalopnik
Isn't it the past? What about the Pontiac Fiero, the Ford Probe, the Dodge Intrepid and any other car that looks like they could go fast but wouldn't deliver?

No gearhead worth his nuts will buy a car and expect it to be fast just by the way it looks.

But I couldn't help notice there was a heavy shortage of "testosterone cars" at my local auto show this year. I guess I'll have to change my sexual orientation, drive low and slow, snuggle up and acquire a taste for Pocky Sticks and Manga to survive the future.

Last edited by Chango; 01-19-2010 at 01:44 PM..

Old 01-19-2010, 01:39 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,920,292 times
Let's see now...control the speed of cars...how about a speed control limiter on the throttle...less needs for a Highway patrol car to issue speeding tickets...but wait...we can't have that...the city and/or state needs the revenue to hire more speed cops with high speed/powered cars.

This of course is a tongue and cheek comment...we all know the true reality.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:28 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,185,071 times
Let's see...look fast...ain't fast...dog slow...this is all sounding and looking very familiar...

I got it! Already lived through it...mid-1970s through early '80s! That was a bad time due to a couple of things...backlash from insurance companies because of the "muscle car" era, and the oil embargoes...

Now, thought the potential is definitely there for some "big brother" type stuff with on-board computers, GPS, etc...it's one thing for trucking companies to install that stuff on their rigs, but I don't want anything on my car that can determine how I drive it or where I'm going or been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive