Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 03:42 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,086,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
lol. I think that's me? Moving to Oxnard in March, have an 08 Civic sedan with 20% all around. Not affiliated with any gang. No criminal background. Am I going to have problems or something?
California will rape you on tint fines. I've just learned to drop my front windows anytime I see a cop coming from any direction since I'm constantly checking my mirrors anyway and I haven't been bothered for a few years. I think they are worth it if you are willing to deal with the hassle because the police whether city or highway are constantly on the look out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 03:54 PM

3,306 posts, read 12,221,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
California will rape you on tint fines. I've just learned to drop my front windows anytime I see a cop coming from any direction since I'm constantly checking my mirrors anyway and I haven't been bothered for a few years. I think they are worth it if you are willing to deal with the hassle because the police whether city or highway are constantly on the look out.

Exactly.

Even if you get pulled over do the cop a favor and roll down all your windows and clearly put both hands in plain sight. That is all they care about and that is the main reason for having tint laws in the first place. I think if you show them that your responsible with your tint then there shouldn't be an issue.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:12 PM

404 posts, read 1,556,838 times
pretty good shot of my 45% at night

also, good tip on the "roll down" if i ever get pulled over for anything. i never do, but it would seem the officer might appreciate it. i would if i were a cop. so i'll drop all my windows if i ever do

Old 02-15-2010, 04:23 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
In Pa there was a lot of tinting 10 and even 5 years ago, now almost not much of it is seen on cars. It was a big urban trend but was eventually just forced to stop. The cars wouldn't pass inspection and drivers were getting cited. Maybe it also just became less trendy.
The new blue headlights are the latest auto trend. The expensive chrome thin wheels and thin tires seem to be on the way out. Maybe people just don't have the money and/ or car owners realized that Pa potholes will beat the crap out of those wheels.

Old 02-15-2010, 05:51 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,806,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post
Exactly.
Even if you get pulled over do the cop a favor and roll down all your windows and clearly put both hands in plain sight. That is all they care about and that is the main reason for having tint laws in the first place. I think if you show them that your responsible with your tint then there shouldn't be an issue.
Um yeah...
Our average annual high is 54 F, and annual low is 37 F
(screw that, it's COLD OUTSIDE!!! And I hate cold )

I do not roll down my windows unless they look like they want to talk,
and even then I only roll down the driver's side.

*I live in Canada; an officer has a less than 1% chance of finding someone with anything that even resembles a firearm inside the car

Last edited by ColdCanadian; 02-15-2010 at 06:03 PM..

Old 02-15-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
In Pa there was a lot of tinting 10 and even 5 years ago, now almost not much of it is seen on cars. It was a big urban trend but was eventually just forced to stop. The cars wouldn't pass inspection and drivers were getting cited. Maybe it also just became less trendy.
The new blue headlights are the latest auto trend. The expensive chrome thin wheels and thin tires seem to be on the way out. Maybe people just don't have the money and/ or car owners realized that Pa potholes will beat the crap out of those wheels.
Since you're from PA, you might like to read this:
http://www.berksweb.com/users/dmv/tint/auto.html

Old 02-15-2010, 06:26 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
Since you're from PA, you might like to read this:
Pennsylvania - State of Law or Police State?
I personally would boycott the state as they are a bunch of iron fisted a holes. That tint in your link would never be bothered here in Las Vegas. In fact, it doesn't even look tinted at all to me. I remember watching parking wars with the PPA. The whole state is ridiculous in their laws and the way they treat their citizens IMO.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:57 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,112 times
^^^ I agree! I tell you what, Indiana ROCKS when it comes to window tint. I got 20% on my car and have never had a problem.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I personally would boycott the state as they are a bunch of iron fisted a holes. That tint in your link would never be bothered here in Las Vegas. In fact, it doesn't even look tinted at all to me. I remember watching parking wars with the PPA. The whole state is ridiculous in their laws and the way they treat their citizens IMO.
I would too,
but my nearest entry into the USA is 1 hour to western NY. (worse than PA)
Next closest is 3.5 hours to Michigan, with tint laws almost as bad as PA,
though I hear "rumours" Michigan doesn't bother people from "out-of-state."

If I want to drive to the USA and avoid these states,
I could drive 7 hours northeast and enter through northern New Hampshire,
or drive 25 hours and enter through northern Minnesota.

*So now you understand my dilemma?

Old 02-15-2010, 07:52 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,477,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
^^^ I agree! I tell you what, Indiana ROCKS when it comes to window tint. I got 20% on my car and have never had a problem.
Me neither But I'm off to California in March and a little concerned about my tint. The few times I have been pulled over (speeding as usual) I always rolled my windows down and turned the car off and put both hands on the wheel. It never stopped me from getting a ticket (bztrdz) but I feel that if I were a cop it would be nice to have someone do this to me to ease my mind. 15 years+ of 20% and never even a warning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive