Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 07:32 AM

2,544 posts, read 4,282,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
I do so hope you get pulled over soon and you can tell the nice officer that the state has no right to require you to have a license or registration.

I'm sure he will extend you the right to remain silent, but that anything you say may be used against you, and that you have the right to an attorney, and if you cannot afford one, one will be provided for you.
Your reading comprehension is very poor. Nobody said that rights cannot be regulated to a reasonable extent. Your rights to free speech, peaceable assembly, to own guns, even protection against self incrimination all have reasonable limits. You don't actually listen to people, you just assume that they said what you want them to say, and respond to that. You must be a lawyer or politician. You are the one who's sanity is questionable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 07:47 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,578,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
I do so hope you get pulled over soon and you can tell the nice officer that the state has no right to require you to have a license or registration.

I'm sure he will extend you the right to remain silent, but that anything you say may be used against you, and that you have the right to an attorney, and if you cannot afford one, one will be provided for you.
Thanks, but if you take the time to read some of my post , I never said that I do not get stopped from time to time in the many different states I have "TRAVELED IN", but the results is always the same , the Sargent or duty officer( as some are called ), comes out to look at my papers , and then states, " Sorry to have bothered you have a good day, drive safely, and in several cases they have asked if i have an extra copy ( Which I always carry). Interesting reading, if you know how to and Most importantly "TAKE THE TIME TO DO IT". HAVE A GREAT DAY< Keep up with your donations , they need them for job security.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive