Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 12:06 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,316,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
So how is he supposed to make his living then? I keep telling people that taking away someone's license is a sure recipe for disaster for society as a whole. When you try to take away someone's livelihood, watch out. I have had two dui's in my life, and I drove the entire time my license was suspended. Most everyone else does too. Of course, I could not get car insurance, but I never did get caught. The best thing to do is to put on a court ordered breathalyzer in his car (at his expense) for the next three years.
is that not a felony to drive drunk without a license the cops would not be very nice if the stopped you chance are you are going to lose your car driving is a not a right and can be taken away and thats why the have transit I would hate if you hit anyone with no DL or insurnace with and blow over the limit you would be facing some serious charges
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 12:54 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
DMV in most staes over see all driving licenses as mandated by stae laws. The judge can not overule stae law in his sentencing.He is just lucky that he isn't in orison serving his time with that record.The two beers or two galsses of wine has been blown by facts.But it quite poosible if he keeps his blood levels at near limits all the time like many alcoholics.You can be just under the limit then have a social drink with friends is what it says.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:51 PM

747 posts, read 2,758,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
So how is he supposed to make his living then? I keep telling people that taking away someone's license is a sure recipe for disaster for society as a whole. When you try to take away someone's livelihood, watch out. I have had two dui's in my life, and I drove the entire time my license was suspended. Most everyone else does too. Of course, I could not get car insurance, but I never did get caught. The best thing to do is to put on a court ordered breathalyzer in his car (at his expense) for the next three years.
Fear of crime is perhaps the most ridiculous reason I have heard to relax laws on DUIs. If anything your "theory" is even more reason to lock up people with such poor judgment, inability to distinguish between right/wrong and propensity to indulge in criminal behavior.

If people are stupid enough to get repeated DUIs, we should cut them a break because they might lose their jobs? Gee whiz, why don't we just get rid of all felony laws altogether as anyone with a felony conviction would find it hard to continue in a professional position. Cut them a break, they will break laws left and right, but please oh please allow them to keep their jobs...

Old 03-11-2010, 01:17 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Yep;and besides the judges in most states have no control over suspension of licenses;that is purely a matter of the state agency charged with drivers licenses.They have rules that automatically in many cases suspend the license once a convistion is recorded. Witht eh new license plate readers its getting easier to catch suspended license drivers and those with no insurance.The real problem comes in with that record and a new charge wehre injury or death occurs in both criminal and civil court.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:55 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,013,584 times
I had a DMV question a doctor's note about an eye condition I have. I raised hell, got my license. However, I wasn't impaired and threatening other people's lives around me.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:14 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,197 times
And, as was mentioned on the thread devoted to that subject, if it wasn't for the likes of the people who've come on here, proudly boasting about multiple DUI's, and driving unlicenced, and uninsured, then these cameras wouldn't be necessary.

The minority ruin it for the majority once again !

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Yep;and besides the judges in most states have no control over suspension of licenses;that is purely a matter of the state agency charged with drivers licenses.They have rules that automatically in many cases suspend the license once a convistion is recorded. Witht eh new license plate readers its getting easier to catch suspended license drivers and those with no insurance.The real problem comes in with that record and a new charge wehre injury or death occurs in both criminal and civil court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive